PDA

View Full Version : One thing Im sure of is that Im not folding...

ama0330
05-31-2007, 05:25 PM
...but whats the plan? I feel like I should know this by now.

Villain is 57/21/3 over 600 hands.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $70.33
BB: $68.00
UTG: $50.75
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $49.75</font>
CO: $37.27
BTN: $47.87

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $2.00, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.50) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $10.50</font>, Hero...

Waingro
05-31-2007, 05:48 PM
I donīt think this guy is in the "cr draws and monsters" camp. I think he cr any piece of the flop + A high and such. But I would still 3bet to $22 for protection and hope he pushes. If you just call the cr, you must commit to call down on any board, because he could easily fire big with bottom pair when the flush hits etc.

Edit: Iīd be more inclined to just call if I had the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif, because then no turncard is a total downer and we still have some equity if we read him wrong.

Ikaika
05-31-2007, 05:48 PM
I probably call here and see what he does on the turn; I'd almost be tempted to call down but I feel really lost in these situations too.

kaz2107
05-31-2007, 06:10 PM
if i have been active and been tanglin with this guy a good amount in the recent future id just shove that [censored] at him.

if ur image is nitty id call and see wut tha hell happes on tha turn.

basically this is image dependant imo. it wasnt given so i dont think we can give a great answere atm.

members_only
05-31-2007, 06:23 PM
I think lucky jim and kaz are over-thinking this quite a lot. the point is that this guy is almost certainly quite bad, so what do we do when he puts a fishy min-raise on us on the flop. I'm not sure our image etc. comes into the question that much.

I'd probably call and call all the way a fair amount of the time (all in will only be PSB on the turn.) With 600 hands do you have any idea of his min-raise range?

kaz2107
05-31-2007, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think lucky jim and kaz are over-thinking this quite a lot. the point is that this guy is almost certainly quite bad, so what do we do when he puts a fishy min-raise on us on the flop. I'm not sure our image etc. comes into the question that much.

I'd probably call and call all the way a fair amount of the time (all in will only be PSB on the turn.) With 600 hands do you have any idea of his min-raise range?

[/ QUOTE ]if u r playin real nitty and tha dude recognizes this u will b taken to value town more often then not by callin all tha way down

members_only
05-31-2007, 06:36 PM
im just saying i doubt the 57 vpip dude in question is likely to 'recognize' anything very much. maybe i'm wrong

kaz2107
05-31-2007, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im just saying i doubt the 57 vpip dude in question is likely to 'recognize' anything very much. maybe i'm wrong

[/ QUOTE ]understood. my point is there is no way he fires a good sized bet on turn and river with much we beat. thus callin down blindly is no good here.

do u honestly think he is minraising flop and betting 3/4ths on turn and 2/3rds on river with QJ?!?!? i doubt it

derosnec
05-31-2007, 07:35 PM
i just want to say that i went through my PT db the other night and found that a huge leak of mine is calling and re-evaluating the turn. They fire on the turn like almost every time after they raise flop. And that is often followed up by another barrel on the river. Re-evaluating for me means: I'm now in a bigger pot with marginal info with a marginal hand that I'll hate folding or calling to a river bet. At the table it doesn't feel that way, but looking at all that data in PT tells another story..

In fact, of my winning hands very very (very) few are where I am raised on the flop. Winning hands follow this line usually: I bet, they call; I bet, they call; I bet, they call.

The review was of approx. 70k hands (May).

Antinome
05-31-2007, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, of my winning hands very very (very) few are where I am raised on the flop. Winning hands follow this line usually: I bet, they call; I bet, they call; I bet, they call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pure gold.

creamfillin
05-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Shoving a non-spade turn against this villain sounds tastey

homeslice
05-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Why aren't you folding?
Have you been c-betting frequently?

Smells like a possible set to me...

VayaConDios
05-31-2007, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pure gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this include only hands where you went to showdown?

mrw8419
05-31-2007, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shoving a non-spade turn against this villain sounds tastey

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the line I would take.

ama0330
06-01-2007, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i just want to say that i went through my PT db the other night and found that a huge leak of mine is calling and re-evaluating the turn. They fire on the turn like almost every time after they raise flop. And that is often followed up by another barrel on the river. Re-evaluating for me means: I'm now in a bigger pot with marginal info with a marginal hand that I'll hate folding or calling to a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally agree and thats the reason that i hate calling here. i think the only option is go to war or fold. against this guy i chose to felt it so i pushed, and he called (oh no!) with pocket sevens (oh yes!).

can someone seriously explain the merit of "call and re-evaluate" here? its just not something i ever do.

Fiksdal
06-01-2007, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

In fact, of my winning hands very very (very) few are where I am raised on the flop. Winning hands follow this line usually: I bet, they call; I bet, they call; I bet, they call

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah seriously. At uNL this is so true.

yimc17
06-01-2007, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i just want to say that i went through my PT db the other night and found that a huge leak of mine is calling and re-evaluating the turn. They fire on the turn like almost every time after they raise flop. And that is often followed up by another barrel on the river. Re-evaluating for me means: I'm now in a bigger pot with marginal info with a marginal hand that I'll hate folding or calling to a river bet. At the table it doesn't feel that way, but looking at all that data in PT tells another story..

The review was of approx. 70k hands (May).

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT