PDA

View Full Version : valuetowning deep, i need help

ssdex
05-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Ok, so my question here is how do I get all of his money in better. He snap calls 90 bb's on the river. Here were my thoughts during the hand, i thought my cold call of 16 looked really bad.... like almost always 22 or a 4 and very rarely something like ah kh or AA or KK..... so i bet smallish on turn, hoping he would call and feel much more committed in a very big pot on the river.... i bet 45, which I thought he would call, but in hindsight, on the river, if he calls 45 he calls a shove I think, i feel i lost out on getting an additional 60bb's here...... I would apppreciate turn and river lines very much and thoughts about getting all the money in here....

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $107.35</font>
BB: $110.20
UTG: $18.40
CO: $78.70
BTN: $27.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, CO folds, BTN calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="red">BB raises to $2.00</font>, UTG calls $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($8) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $10.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $16.40</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $16.40, BB calls $6.40

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($57.20) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players - 1 All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets $15.00</font>, BB calls $15.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($87.20) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players - 1 All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets $45.00</font>, BB calls $45.00

Pot Size: $177.20 ($2 Rake)

UTG had 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif and LOST (-$18.40)
BB had Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (two pair, Queens and Fours) and LOST (-$78.40)
Hero had 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (four of a kind, Fours) and WON (+$96.80)

muddydog
05-31-2007, 12:26 PM
I'd lead at the flop any over pair is going to call or raise so you get a bigger pot.

On the turn I don't like the little bet. Bigger bet please you have to bet at least half the pot here so you can get it all in on the river.

ssdex
05-31-2007, 12:30 PM
from my perspective i thought a big turn lead may scare him a way, it would scare me away....... the reason i bet 1/4 pot was to kind of get him to call without thinking about my coldcall on the flop...... a 34 bb coldcall and then a big turn lead I think would usually mean i have a 4 rather than 77-JJ....... 1/4 pot looks more like 77-JJ and the river bet supports this...... i just think if i lead half pot he folds more often.

ssdex
05-31-2007, 12:31 PM
50nl can be so nitty, sometimes i feel leading quads ends up in smaller pots and slowplaying them ends up in larger pots, plus i wanted to give some people time to hit flush draws ect.... but in this case, i prob stack him if i lead flop

creamfillin
05-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Don't post results please

ActionStan
05-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Flop check is fine. You're expecting a bet from the BB and hoping to raise. Flop smooth call is fine, hoping that he raises again to isolate. You could easily be on a pair of 8s or 9s in the BB's eyes.

Turn bet more. 2/3 the pot. River get the rest in.

ActionStan
05-31-2007, 12:43 PM
I think it's pretty rare to see QQ+ get away from a hand here in NL50. A 2/3 pot sized bet is going to be called. If he folds, he had AK or AQ and you really weren't giong to get a whole lot more out of him unless he spiked an A or his kicker on the river.

ssdex
05-31-2007, 12:46 PM
stan, is it not possible that he has ah kh or ah qh, in which case 2/3 may get rid of him but 1/4 pot keeps him along and maybe lets him hit river.... looking back, 2/3 pot is right if im sure he has qq-aa, but i really had no idea what his range was.... he only raised to 2 with 3 limpers, this is really bad with qq-aa imo, so i thought he might have fired with ahkh, and when he called behind rather than re raising the extra 6$, (he had the option to raise) It seemed to me like he might be on a nut draw.

evazan
05-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Multi-way I would probably lead this flop.

muddydog
05-31-2007, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
stan, is it not possible that he has ah kh or ah qh, in which case 2/3 may get rid of him but 1/4 pot keeps him along and maybe lets him hit river.... looking back, 2/3 pot is right if im sure he has qq-aa, but i really had no idea what his range was.... he only raised to 2 with 3 limpers, this is really bad with qq-aa imo, so i thought he might have fired with ahkh, and when he called behind rather than re raising the extra 6$, (he had the option to raise) It seemed to me like he might be on a nut draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most guys at this level aren't doing the math of exact pot odds, if he calls one he'll usually call the other. If he didn't have anything you're only giving up a little possibility of a call but if he's got something good you're hitting the motherload.

ActionStan
05-31-2007, 01:01 PM
It is possible that he has a flush draw. A bigger bet might chase him off. But, you have a monster. You want to optimize your play to win a monster pot, not take an extra bet off a weak or marginal hand. Big pots don't build themselves. That's your job. And really, a flush draw isn't going to stack off if he makes his flush given that you only need a 4 or a 2.

Also, your hand is pretty well disguised right now. In the villains eyes, you could easily have a middle pair. On the turn, it becomes very unlikely that you have 22 or 44. That's great for you if the villain has a big hand. It's possible that you have A4 or 45 or some other raggy thing. But really, it's hard for a big pair to not stack off here. It's your job to give him that chance.