PDA

View Full Version : NL50, 2 pairs.

Kimpan
05-31-2007, 10:38 AM
opponent is 24/13/1.2 over 67 hands.
didn't have time to reload before the hand.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $45.50
BB: $49.00
UTG: $47.30
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $44.75</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.50) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, SB calls $3.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10.50) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $16.00</font>, Hero calls $9.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($42.50) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $24.50</font>, Hero calls all-in for $23.75
Uncalled bet of $0.75 returned to SB

Pot Size: $90.00 ($2 Rake)

Quester
05-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Preflop = good.
Flop, we hit two pair. Need to extract. 3/4 pot? Good.
Turn, let's get some value out of his TP type hands. Bet 7 = good. Raised 9... I'm tasting vomit in my mouth. I hate losing to a better two pair if he spiked it here, or a set. Of course this is a seemingly solid player in a blind steal situation, maybe he's trying to take it away with a semi-bluffing hand. I'd like to say I can fold here. Heat of battle, I don't know.
River, we're getting like 3:1. Our hand is probably not good enough though. He isn't doing this as bluff we beat often enough. Toss it into the muck.

muddydog
05-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah this spot really sucks. The only hand playing like this that you can beat is AK and he'd probably have reraised you preflop with that hand. If he had 10J of hearts he just hit his straight, an AQ just beat you raising for value on the turn, a flush draw with the A of hearts probably doesn't try to bluff here they'd just want to get to showdown, underpairs don't play this way, what does is a set or a8 or A9 or 44 or 88, I can't think of much you beat by the river you have to fold that turn bet sucks pretty hard I think you have to call there and fold river.