PDA

View Full Version : bet the turn here?

Shizzle12345
05-31-2007, 09:26 AM
guy's VPIP is too high aggression too, I put him on overpair or AK.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $49.89
BB: $47.45
UTG: $28.95
CO: $4.05
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $29.20</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.00</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.35) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $1.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, UTG calls $1.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($8.35) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25

<font color="black">River:</font> ($10.85) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25

Pot Size: $13.35 ($0.65 Rake)
Results:
<font color="white">he had JJ</font>

samwallistea
05-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Havent read results yet. I think you played it well, my only thoughts is that your raise on the flop needs to be more as your not sufficiently slashing his pot odds and a weak player will not fold to a small reraise regardless of their hand.
Check calling turn and river seems fine to me.

Edit, read results,<font color="white"> seems here reraising more on flop would have been bad idea, though he is playing his JJ very timidly </font>

CrustyFace
05-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Preflop:

Reraise to 3, you're in position.

Flop:

Lead out or raise. Bet your draws.

Turn &amp; River:

Calling is getting you nothing here.

samwallistea
05-31-2007, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop:

Reraise to 3, you're in position.

Flop:

Lead out or raise. Bet your draws.

Turn &amp; River:

Calling is getting you nothing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did raise the flop with his draw.

Calling on the turn is getting him a cheap draw, and his call on the river is giving him a cheap showdown. If he's unsure of his opponents strength this is the best action.

Genz
05-31-2007, 10:15 AM
What you put him on is a little inconsistent with what you said about his VPIP.
I kinda like the preflop because villain is loose preflop and probably aggressive postflop. So it's not too easy to take a pot away from him, but easy to let him hang himself.

I don't like the flop raise. It's way too small. It's basically a minraise. If you want to semi-bluff here, make it closer to potsize. I.e. about $5.
Rest is good. It screems: I have a mediocre hand and I don't want you to draw.

tiger_hall
05-31-2007, 10:17 AM
bet more on flop... raise turn... to around pot if you think you can push him of his hand....

sh58
05-31-2007, 10:27 AM
3bet preflop. if he is a LAG player you have to start 3betting a bit light to take the initiative, especially if you are in position. that being said, if you said guy was loose y did you put him on AK or overpair?

anyway.......
bet out on flop, if he raised, then shove.
turn, as it happened, it's fine to c/c from here

if you had bet the flop, then bet the turn.

in this game you have to be agressive with draws so you will be paid off with strong made hands

dmoney
05-31-2007, 10:45 AM
i agree pot it on flop and then turn as well, Ace is a good card to bluff at, but what the [censored] do we do on river now if he calls our turn raise. he could easily have any 2 cards here including like 3rd pair by OPs description.

do we shove river? i think thats what i do, although i guess we dont have alot of money left so its probably not that much of a decision.

What do u think about just shoving the turn?

Shizzle12345
05-31-2007, 10:52 AM
haha im sorry guys, forgot to mention that his PFR is only 7%

Speel Posher
05-31-2007, 11:23 AM
havent checked results, i would raise turn...you are repping a strong hand

if he donk bets the river i probably just call.