PDA

View Full Version : NL50: always those overpairs...

neaera
05-31-2007, 05:41 AM
villain is TAG, no reads besides that.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $61.20</font>
BB: $52.55
UTG: $26.90
MP: $70.25
CO: $12.35
BTN: $73.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, BB calls $2.50, CO calls $2.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($9) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $14.50</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $8.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($38) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($38) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $21.00</font>

My thought process was this:
1) OMG a set!
2) no, too obvious, no draws out there. TAG reraises me here with any J, any overpair. As people call my raises with the last [censored], he could have a lot of stuff there. QJ, KJ, AJ, QQ+, 22, 55, maybe even 88+ to see where he stands.

After the flopraise, I think I should have bet the turn. As played: do you call the river? At that point I was backt to reading him for a set.

essence86
05-31-2007, 05:52 AM
IŽd lead the flop a little stronger, at least $7. You are OOP.

He raises you on the flop. You say villain is TAG. What are his stats? This is kinda player/image dependant.
Why are you calling the flop after his raise? Are you planning on folding the turn if he bets strong?

Villain checks behind on the turn. Would he do this with a set or better? Unless villain is a really tricky player I very much doubt it. I really belive you have the best hand the majority of the time.

His check on the turn makes me belive he has maybe KJ or AJ, and uses some pot control.

As played, I would definetely call the river bet. You have shown weakness on almost all the streets. If you were him, wouldnt you belive your KJ or AJ was good here?

I would: 1. Re-raise him on the flop, commiting myself to the pot.

Or...
2. Call his re-raise, and hope to check-raise all-in on the turn, unless another J falls off

Or...

3. Put out a bet on the river here, maybe around $20 (blocker/value bet).

BoerfSt
05-31-2007, 05:53 AM
I move in after his r/r on the flop.Sometimes I call against a lose player but then I wanne get it all in on the turn.As played I think I call his river bet.
If he has a set so be it...

ontiltsoon
05-31-2007, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would: 1. Re-raise him on the flop, commiting myself to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much?

I think you have to call.
Your action has been Raise, Bet/call, Check, Check. I think Villain has seen weakness and is value betting lots of hands you beat.

corsakh
05-31-2007, 06:31 AM
Being OOP and the flop not coordinated its an easy push for me.

hra146
05-31-2007, 06:31 AM
VERY few people can resist slowplaying a set on this superdry board in position.

Id probably call planning to CRAI (cause shoving flop REALLY folds out all but a set). Once he checks behind I certainly dont check it to him on the river but go for a valuebet myself. As played, easy call imo.

corsakh
05-31-2007, 06:34 AM
Oh, Jacks call here a lot. They usually check the turn though and by the time river comes a over may fall and they are out of business.

bozzer
05-31-2007, 06:49 AM
wow i definately call river. This looks like AJ or 88-TT pretty much (maybe a non 3b QQ+ too).

edit: (depending on how he sees you)

I like your line.

matrix
05-31-2007, 07:03 AM
I find flop minraises are often times bluffs if you tend to CBet lots. Pushing over the top of his flop minraise is fun but you only get called by sets and KK/QQ so it's not a good plan.

I call flop an plan to wheel out "stack-a-donk" and CR turn all-in.

Given that that missed you have to valuebet. He'll check behind with a bunch of hands we beat that he'll call off chips with QJ/JT stuff like that.

as played you gotta call - it's tempting to push over his river bet tho as he almost definitely has to call that and we are almost def ahead.

kimpo
05-31-2007, 07:16 AM
The turn check behind would be real tricky (and unlikely) if villian has a set..

I'd bet more on flop maybe 7-8. As played I dont mind your line assuming you called..

Debaser
05-31-2007, 07:45 AM
Checking this river is sexy if you're gonna c/r all in. You have him beat a huge amount of the time here and he will call with any J which is by far his most likely holding and he might even call with less. If he has 99 that just sucks but whatever you do please don't fold here ever.

munkey
05-31-2007, 08:28 AM
I usually shove over his raise on the flop or c/r turn AI and definetly bet that river the same size he did. For some reason I seem to think he has queens or possibly AJs.

Atlanta Andrew
05-31-2007, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I find flop minraises are often times bluffs if you tend to CBet lots. Pushing over the top of his flop minraise is fun but you only get called by sets and KK/QQ so it's not a good plan.

I call flop an plan to wheel out "stack-a-donk" and CR turn all-in.

Given that that missed you have to valuebet. He'll check behind with a bunch of hands we beat that he'll call off chips with QJ/JT stuff like that.

as played you gotta call - it's tempting to push over his river bet tho as he almost definitely has to call that and we are almost def ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% here. Stack-a-donk is the way to go in this hand.

-Andrew

neaera
05-31-2007, 10:17 AM
well thx for all the replys. This hand happened in a very tilty session yesterday, and you can really see how I suck there (those two checks on turn and river are really bad). I was just getting killed by sets and my semibluffs were getting called all the time.

anyway, I sure called and he showed 99, so I got rightfully punished for playing badly.

tiger_hall
05-31-2007, 10:20 AM
shove flop.... you cant guarantee he is going to bet turn

osiris
05-31-2007, 11:02 AM
yep i definately shove flop here every time

Speel Posher
05-31-2007, 11:18 AM
to me flop looks like he has 10 10...praying that you have AK, i would RR flop for sure.

ama0330
05-31-2007, 11:30 AM
I really shove this flop. Crai on the turn is good versus the right opponent but you need to be sure because having the turn checked through is a disaster.

Ive come to the conclusion that folding aces to almost any action HU on any flop is -EV at 50nl and lower.. You kinda just have to felt it as fast as you can.

tbaarslag
05-31-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't understand this. We would be more willing to push if the flop were somewhat coordinated, right? Isn't the dry flop calling for some caution?

mrw8419
05-31-2007, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ive come to the conclusion that folding aces to almost any action HU on any flop is -EV at any level. You kinda just have to felt it as fast as you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

ActionStan
05-31-2007, 12:52 PM
...snip...
As played: do you call the river? At that point I was backt to reading him for a set.
...snip...

Why are you reading him for a set? A set is going bet the turn in order to get he rest of your stack in on the river. A raggy 2 pair is going to bet the turn as well. I think you are ahead here more often than you are behind.

I think it is a pretty easy call on the river. You have really underrepresented your hand. I think you see AJ, KJ, QJ, TT here a lot. He may have nothing or a middle pair. He raised a flop that was likely to miss an Ax or Kx hand. He checked the turn when you backed down. He is either value betting a marginal hand or bluffing a missed hand as often or more often than he has a set.

ciro bonano
06-04-2007, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
corsakh: Being OOP and the flop not coordinated its an easy push for me.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't understand this. We would be more willing to push if the flop were somewhat coordinated, right? Isn't the dry flop calling for some caution?

[/ QUOTE ]I'm not getting this either, could somebody explain?