PDA

View Full Version : 25nl: AA 3bet Push, Standard?

Lurker.
05-31-2007, 12:16 AM
Haven't seen the villain get out of line in the half hour or so i've been at the table. Seems solidish for a 25nl player. Is this bad? or is standard?
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $9.50
BB: $24.00
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $29.50</font>
MP: $37.20
CO: $26.10
BTN: $5.40

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, MP calls $0.85, 4 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.05) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $28.65</font>,

doppelganger
05-31-2007, 12:21 AM
Eh...me no likey. You're only getting called by extremely big draws that have almost 50% equity or hands that beat you. I call the minraise and lead the turn for about 3/4 pot.

Lurker.
05-31-2007, 12:23 AM
yeah. The shove i think may be overkill. what do you think about a smaller 3bet?

Emperor Norton
05-31-2007, 12:24 AM
I don't think it's bad because there aren't many sets in his range, so most of what he's pulling this with are pair plus draw combos. This is mostly a matter of just giving him a range in Pokerstove and seeing how you might stack up.

doppelganger
05-31-2007, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah. The shove i think may be overkill. what do you think about a smaller 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with a smaller 3bet is that it bloats the pot and leaves you playing a one pair hand OOP in a big pot. Man, this flop is so ugly. If we consider villain's PF smooth calling range I think there are a lot of 2 pair and set hands out there. KJ is a strong candidate too. We are beating hands like AQ/AT/A9, but they are a smaller part of his range than KJ/TT/99/QT/Q9.

Blech, I'm thinking myself in circles here. When that happens, I keep the pot small and reevaluate on the turn.

doppelganger
05-31-2007, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's bad because there aren't many sets in his range, so most of what he's pulling this with are pair plus draw combos. This is mostly a matter of just giving him a range in Pokerstove and seeing how you might stack up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain had pushed and we were considering a call, then I would agree with you. But by pushing ourselves we are automatically losing the most when behind and winning the least when ahead.

hummusx
05-31-2007, 12:53 AM
My current thinking on this is that flop minraise on a two tone board is very often a flush draw. If that is the case, calling is pretty bad, right? Smaller 3-bet is probably bad because we give him decent odds. I actually think that pushing is maybe the right move. We get called often by draws, which is probably about neutral. We get called sometimes by worse hands, which is great. And we get called sometimes by better hands, which is bad. I don't know that it's a great overall result, but I think most if not all of our other options are worse.

If we call, do we c/f any scare cards and bet safe cards? This reduces our swings but probably costs us money.

Brettster
05-31-2007, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh...me no likey. You're only getting called by extremely big draws that have almost 50% equity or hands that beat you. I call the minraise and lead the turn for about 3/4 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

doppelganger
05-31-2007, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I guess we're back to the age-old question, "wtf does a minraise mean?"

I've said it before in other posts, but minbets and minraises just confuse the hell out of me, especially from a player the OP refers to as otherwise "fairly solid."

I suppose a default assumption that minraise=draw is not a bad starting point. In this case there are really a sh*tload of draws on the flop, and a few of them actually have more than 50% equity but will lose a lot of equity on a safe turn card. I still think playing the flop small and reevaluating is a smart play.