PDA

View Full Version : QQ against callingstation

Gardekorps
05-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Hi,

villain is a loose callingstation and I've never seen him raising a PP<99.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($112.60)
MP ($8.55)
CO ($14.75)
Hero ($27.55)
SB ($24.75)
BB ($16.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($6.35) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG calls $4.

Turn: ($14.35) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $105.6</font>, Hero...

muddydog
05-30-2007, 05:47 PM
If your range is 99+ your ahead here enough for you to call given that you have a bunch of money in there already I think it's a fairly standard call it's not like a draw got there or anything.

ajmargarine
05-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Pot flop so you can push turn. Call as played of course, you are pot stuck.

djstu
05-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Players that amass such huge stacks in nl25 are frequently luckboxes and not very good in general.

I call this any day of the weak. I very much doubt that he wont 3bet AA/KK preflop. I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of Ax hand here. This is almost certainly a bluff.

Shizzle12345
05-30-2007, 06:12 PM
call me stupid but i would fold here. Ofcourse your ahead of his range, but this push kinda gives it away (if this is a pssive calling station). I guess he turns over something like K2 when you call. If its a true calling station i dont think this is a bluff??

This is my experience with it atleast, i used to think insta call too, but i want them to call me and not to push into me. I lost alot on these kinda situations.

Also bet pot on the flop

0uTpLaYeD
05-30-2007, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call me stupid but i would fold here. Ofcourse your ahead of his range, but this push kinda gives it away (if this is a pssive calling station). I guess he turns over something like K2 when you call. If its a true calling station i dont think this is a bluff??

This is my experience with it atleast, i used to think insta call too, but i want them to call me and not to push into me. I lost alot on these kinda situations.

Also bet pot on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

lol there is no way hero can fold on turn.......look at the stacks

ajmargarine
05-30-2007, 06:19 PM
I won't call you stupid, but you can never fold that there, given the action.

Shizzle12345
05-30-2007, 06:24 PM
well i had quite alot of similar situations vs my biggest stations in my list, and almost always turned over 2 pair or trips or better. KK vs 2nd 3 on turn, he had K3. Or 67 vs my set, with his 7 on the turn making top 2 or gutshot, etc etc. But depends kinda what kinda stations they are. But if theyr really passive and suddenly start getting aggro, usually overpair is no good, and im gone. Ur getting plenty more good spots vs them.

But if everyone disagrees i guess im wrong :P

Gardekorps
05-30-2007, 06:27 PM
You're right.
I called.
The river was an ace and he shows A2.

wulfpacker21
05-30-2007, 06:30 PM
id fold theres better spots to pick than this one and hes prob a donk anyways and got lucky gettin so many chips .... ur riskin everythin on just a pair

ajmargarine
05-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Garde:

nh.

You don't always win every hand you play well.

--aj

Brettster
05-30-2007, 06:53 PM
I'd would raise to $4 prelop, besides that looks fine

jmgambler
05-30-2007, 08:40 PM
You are pot committed with only $12 left, you have to call and hope he flips 99/TT/JJ

robinmbuk
05-30-2007, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is right. Against a callingstation that likes to throw some big bluffs into the mix I call, but against a true calling station that only gets this agro when they have a hand I fold, I don't care if I only have $12 left in my stack, they have trips too often.

terp
05-30-2007, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

nh.

You don't always win every hand you play well.

[/ QUOTE ]

aj sent me this thread and we differed on optimal lines.

he would prefer to pot flop and shove turn (which is 100% ok) but i like to use your line as an alternative too. call it the installment plan.

muddydog
05-31-2007, 10:30 AM
FWIW I've had a lot of trouble with these kinds of hands lately leading to losing a few buy ins over the last few weeks. Are we not playing into our opponents bad hand selection by paying them off when they hit an unlikely hand based on their poor hand selection by paying them off? I've been spewing money lately on hands like this when the 50 vpip guy hits his hand finally and I pay him off. Do we just accept this as part of micro limit headaches or can we avoid paying them off when they hit their weirdo hands?

sh58
05-31-2007, 10:35 AM
i get worried when calling stations show agression

Speel Posher
05-31-2007, 12:08 PM
any time a station raises he has a legitimate hand IMO, i dont fold here even though i know i am beat. sucks to be committed but what can you do?

AshtrayBroom
05-31-2007, 12:52 PM
Just read OP. I put villain on A2 to be honest. Some of these real nitty station-like players will raise any Ace. When you're betting $8 on that river, he probably figures you're somewhat committed and a scandalous shove will look like a bluff.

Well I was right /images/graemlins/cool.gif

monkeymaps
05-31-2007, 01:35 PM
ok everyone saying fold assume this is your average 30/10/2 uNL player still a fold?

FWIW in the OP's hand I never fold here.

ssdex
05-31-2007, 02:01 PM
I think its important to have a plan with your hands
1. your flop 3bet needs to be 3.5 or greater i think
2. when he calls a 3bet pot and calls flop you need a plan on the turn
3. when you lead 8 dollars into that pot, you know you have to call if he shoves, i think he would know this too, so hes probably only shoving better...... in which case if you bet 8 and he shoves, everyone is saying your potstuck, but i dont think its 99-jj enough to be potstuck, i only call if villian shoves draws, in which case you have some showdown equity against busted diamonds.... what was your logic betting 8 into 14 on the turn? I think its either got to be 11 or greater or a check...... if you bet 11 then you have to call...... but by betting 8 into 14 on turn you put yourself in a real bad spot, and he can shove here knowing your potstuck with overpairs and get paid off, thats how some of these maniace make $ at lower limits.