PDA

View Full Version : I want this bet to go both ways, not just one

adanthar
05-30-2007, 04:48 PM
60/120 in the FTOPS ME. I have around 3K, villain has around 2K, it doesn't much matter. Anyway, I raise red sevens in MP, tightish villain calls in the BB, flop Axx 2 clubs (including the ace), he check/calls (and for whatever reason, I kinda feel like this is not a flush draw, maybe because with this guy a lot of his FD's would be ace high.) Turn third club, he instachecks, I'm pretty done with the hand anyway so I check.

River = the 7c. He instachecks again and has a little under a PSB left.

Everyone always checks here. I feel like people shouldn't.

shaundeeb
05-30-2007, 04:52 PM
I don't always check here the.

nath
05-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Wasn't this just the 400k, not the FTOPS?

curtains
05-30-2007, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
60/120 in the FTOPS ME. I have around 3K, villain has around 2K, it doesn't much matter. Anyway, I raise red sevens in MP, tightish villain calls in the BB, flop Axx 2 clubs (including the ace), he check/calls (and for whatever reason, I kinda feel like this is not a flush draw, maybe because with this guy a lot of his FD's would be ace high.) Turn third club, he instachecks, I'm pretty done with the hand anyway so I check.

River = the 7c. He instachecks again and has a little under a PSB left.

Everyone always checks here. I feel like people shouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think checking is best most of the time. Don't think he's calling worse hand enough or folding better hand enough.

FGators
05-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Our intention is to get money from an ace and not to fold out like the 10 of clubs right? Eh, I'm really not sure if in this tournament a guy would simply call without a hand that beats us. I check.

adanthar
05-30-2007, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't this just the 400k, not the FTOPS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you're right, I got the week wrong

TheNewf
05-30-2007, 06:47 PM
I just check behind. I think betting is only slightly worse though and is probably a good play to make sometimes for metagame purposes in cash (range merging whatever they're calling it over there). But it's higher variance and I don't think it's +EV compared to just checking it down, and metagame considerations in situations like this is just not important in tournaments.

bigballz
05-30-2007, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just check behind. I think betting is only slightly worse though and is probably a good play to make sometimes for metagame purposes in cash (range merging whatever they're calling it over there). But it's higher variance and I don't think it's +EV compared to just checking it down, and metagame considerations in situations like this is just not important in tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]
my thoughts