PDA

View Full Version : NL25 AQ flops 2nd pair in 3bet pot

Bowlboy
05-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Villain is 37/26/1.00 over about 30 hands. No real reads though.
I'd like some feedback on my line on each street post flop. Flop looks standard. I figured that 2nd barrelling this would be spew. Villains line looks like it could be the flush draw ( I dont think this guy shoves the flop with the NFD). I thought afterwards about b/f on river but any reasonable river bet pretty well commits here so I'm lost on what to do. My hand looks like it might be good but as I played it I may have induced a bluff that I cant call.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($22.95)
SB ($22.50)
Hero ($28.80)
UTG ($34.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, UTG calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.10) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, UTG calls $4.50.

Turn: ($16.10) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: ($16.10) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $13.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $29.60

ozerhall
05-30-2007, 02:18 PM
u cant call river bet... he hasnt got a king so either missed with j 10 or hit his flush draw..
i bet more on flop around 6

filsteal
05-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Fold river. If the flush hadn't come in, you could maybe possibly sort of halfway give some consideration to calling this. Maybe.

[ QUOTE ]
u cant call river bet... he hasnt got a king so either missed with j 10 or hit his flush draw..
i bet more on flop around 6

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't he have a king?

Also: I bet this flop too (I'm sure most of us do), but might we be better off checking?

ocdscale
05-30-2007, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why can't he have a king?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure I agree that he can never have a K, but it's unlikely here.
Someone with AK/KJ might smooth call flop, but when turn brings two flush draws, they have to bet out if checked to (unless it AK/KJ suited with clubs, but even then they should bet while their equity is good, clubs or spades still kills the action).

Lot more likely that he has a flush than just a K, irrelevant since both beat you though. Very rarely a bluff since he'd probably fire on the turn to take it away instead of waiting to the river)

05-30-2007, 02:52 PM
He has a posflop AF of 1, so I definetly fold this. It`s always hard to get into a donks mind, since they don`t think logical as they should. My guess is that he has AK, or maybe even a slowplayed KK, flush whatever ..

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity