PDA

View Full Version : TT on reasonable flop against retard

Fiksdal
05-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $25.10
BB: $24.75
UTG: $23.35
MP: $31.45
CO: $10.15
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $72.40</font>

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Villain is 87/9/2 over 33 hands and his WTSD is 26.

There was another hand between us where he limped BTN, I raised from SB, he c/c PSB's on both flop and turn, but folded to my river shove.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Thttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $1.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.85) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $2.85</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, MP calls $3.15

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($14.85) 7http://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (2 Players)
MP checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($14.85) 4http://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $14.85</font>

How do you like my line so far? Can I call the river bet?

vixticator
05-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Looks like air to me.

Angrymoog
05-29-2007, 11:31 PM
I don't like the flop raise. Id rather call and see what happens on the turn, since your hand is one where the turn will drastically affect your overall equity.

ReNoRyan
05-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Just call the flop, as played I usually fold the river. maybe im just a nit.....

Sam T.
05-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Given his passive nature, I don't think I raise the flop. Your FE is 0, and you're going to create a huge pot with an okay but hardly spectacular hand. Creating a huge pot will make things so, so much harder on later streets.

The problem on the river is that his range is as wide as the mighty Mississip, so there is no reason to think he didn't just stumble into a hand that beats yours.

I think I fold this because if he's as bad as it seems, you'll have other opportunities. (In the heat of the moment, however, I call.)

gulon
05-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Does anybody fold the flop because of the J?

If you call the flop, what cards besides a T are you looking for to improve your hand? It seems that villain is a caller, not a better, so for him to be betting out shows strength.

vixticator
05-29-2007, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Not against that VPIP. Don't think I would necessarily raise but definitely never folding this flop bet.

ReNoRyan
05-29-2007, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you call the flop, what cards besides a T are you looking for to improve your hand? It seems that villain is a caller, not a better, so for him to be betting out shows strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call this flop a lot of the time and see what he does on the turn. If OP and villian have been tangling a lot villian might be making a move.

OP has postion and can evaluate the turn. I'm not really looking for a card that helps my hand but a card that may scare him.

Harry Fong
05-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Looks like a bluff but i would have folded the flop

BevillTheDevil
05-30-2007, 12:12 AM
IMO your flop raise is too small given the drawyness of the board your almost minraise isnt gona fold out much (but looks like he sucks and isnt going to fold draws any ways) so id either raise larger or call flop not foldin though thats nitty, on river im probably folding we do show weakness on turn there are missed draws but PSB w/ midpair mehhh

brian8065
05-30-2007, 12:54 AM
This is really a tough one. He could have anything after the scary flop, so I would half the time give him credit for the Jack on the flop, and fold right there, and the other half of the time I would put him on a draw, and push hard each round.

You did niether. If I did raise on the flop, I would have raised more. But he just called. That would make me lean more towards putting him on a draw.

He would have hit a straight on the turn if he had a T 8, somewhat unlikely given your hand. A flush draw seems probable, so I would not have checked the turn. I would have bet enough to punish him as much as possible, around $8.00. If he came back big over the top of me there I would probably let the hand go.

He would have probably checked the river at that point. Then a value bet by you would be a difficult choice. Probably a check to his check on the river.