PDA

View Full Version : $0.10 BB NL: JJ overcard, big 5 way pot, suffering from tilt

Harry Fong
05-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I had the worst session of my short and non existent poker career yesterday. Within 1 hour I had gone bust 8 or so times one after the other to players who I had beat on the flop or turn but out sucked out on me.

The mind games this plays on an individual is intense. I found my self making crazy mistakes and playing very recklessly. Below is a hand played post the 8 or so suck outs. Is my turn bet correct or am I on a bad case of tilt?

I think im tilting...

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $9.05
BB: $10.00
<font color="red">UTG: $14.50</font>
CO: $9.60
<font color="red">Hero (BTN): $9.75</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.60</font>, SB calls $0.55, BB folds, UTG calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to SB

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.50) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
SB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, SB calls $2.00, UTG calls $2.00, CO calls $2.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10.50) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 Players)
SB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $7.15</font>

Any comments / suggestions,

HF

Frosteater
05-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah, just leave the table.

I'm not sure if I can give a good advice about the actual hand , because I know for sure I would have been tempted to play it the same. And because I'm simply not sure if this is a good or a bad play. But think about it, you put all your money in with nothing but an overpair, a weak one on top of that. On a paired board. Isn't that wet, too, since you dominate one possible straight draw.

I'd probably just check behind here trying to see the showdown for what's in the pot already.

Especially on that table. No matter if the turn bet was good, I can almost guarantee you were on tilt, just from looking at your opponents' play and you accepting the possibility. You wrote nothing about any reads, but seriously, this is ugly. This is really the best suggestion I can make: next time you find yourself in this situation and you feel yourself slightly tilting, get away from tables like this, that are populated with nothing but stations. Pronto. Just do it. You'll be glad you did, believe me.