PDA

View Full Version : A reply from Mr Rogers in Texas.

steamboatin
05-29-2007, 07:49 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/bundas699/brianmccall_938.jpg

kidpokeher
05-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Nice!

bossplayer
05-29-2007, 08:19 PM
The representatives have to love responding via mail. The response to this is so obvious, yet you get to give none.

He is basically stating, screw your right to play poker. (not even thinking it might be a way of making a living)

nineinchal
05-29-2007, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The representatives have to love responding via mail. The response to this is so obvious, yet you get to give none.

He is basically stating, screw your right to play poker. (not even thinking it might be a way of making a living)

[/ QUOTE ]

He is basically saying, you sir are an idiot! Further, the congressman is right. If I lived in his district I would vote for him based upon his response.

I believe in my right to play poker too. However, I am not an ignoramous about it. What I can't believe is that for as intellegent as we are as poker players, our game reduces us to ignorant, unconcerned, unaware, apathetic, self interested poker fiends in many cases.

Sometimes we forget that the great country and government we have permits us our choice in whether we play poker or not, even though it might have a few inconvenient restrictions; in order to protect the people who are susceptible to problem gambling.

I am glad Congressman McCall attempted to set you straight, although I remain uncertain you will ever get it.

Get a life dude.

Jeff W
05-29-2007, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes we forget that the great country and government we have permits us our choice in whether we play poker or not, even though it might have a few inconvenient restrictions; in order to protect the people who are susceptible to problem gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh thank you thank you great government for protecting us from ourselves(when it's politically expedient--see alcohol, tobacco... etc). We humbly and graciously accept the scraps of freedom that you send our way.

[censored] that. It's not just about poker. It's about letting people run their own [censored] lives.

niss
05-29-2007, 08:57 PM
LOL at Congressman McCall's grammar ... "for whom you will vote for". Congressman better be careful who he's calling an idiot.

ZBTHorton
05-29-2007, 10:09 PM
I know Brian McCall, and their whole family. His father spent time in prison for a ton of shady dealings he did back in the early development of Plano and the surrounding areas. Everytime I see a sign of his around town I 'LOL' at him being elected to anything, ever.

bossplayer
05-29-2007, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is basically saying, you sir are an idiot! Further, the congressman is right. If I lived in his district I would vote for him based upon his response.

I believe in my right to play poker too. However, I am not an ignoramous about it. What I can't believe is that for as intellegent as we are as poker players, our game reduces us to ignorant, unconcerned, unaware, apathetic, self interested poker fiends in many cases.

I am glad Congressman McCall attempted to set you straight, although I remain uncertain you will ever get it.

Get a life dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another sheeple happy with Chimerica....

Dont take that personally.

steamboatin
05-29-2007, 10:51 PM
I don't live in Texas. This was sent to an acquaintance and I found the tone of the reply to be interesting.

dozer
05-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Completely classless and totally uncalled for. If this is how he really felt, he never should have written back.

Grasshopp3r
05-29-2007, 11:39 PM
You have to send this to the media. It is classic. It shows his arrogance and complete disregard for your rights.

steamboatin
05-30-2007, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to send this to the media. It is classic. It shows his arrogance and complete disregard for your rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me where to send it.

DrewOnTilt
05-30-2007, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't live in Texas. This was sent to an acquaintance and I found the tone of the reply to be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one side of the story. Do you happen to have any idea what your friend wrote in the letter that he sent?

AP0CALYP5E
05-30-2007, 12:47 AM
If poker was my sole source of income, then yes it would be the single most important factor when I vote.

ZBTHorton
05-30-2007, 01:35 AM
FWIW.

If you can get me an original copy of the letter he sent, I will call Brian myself and talk to him...trip report to come obv.

steamboatin
05-30-2007, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one side of the story. Do you happen to have any idea what your friend wrote in the letter that he sent?

[/ QUOTE ]

99% sure it was a form letter from the Poker Player's Alliance or something very similar.

I don't understand what an original copy would be.

Obfuscation
05-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Wow.

Uglyowl
05-30-2007, 10:30 AM
This guy will never make it further than State Rep. I was going to donate to his opponent, but then looking up who he is, realized he is a nobody.

DrewOnTilt
05-30-2007, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

99% sure it was a form letter from the Poker Player's Alliance or something very similar.

I don't understand what an original copy would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few weeks ago I submitted my address to the PPA so that they could write letters to various government officials on my behalf. Did these letters get mailed to the various governors? I can't recall for sure, but I do remember that the text of the letters was cordial and professional.