PDA

View Full Version : Stars 50r: Final table spot vs Bel0w

grafyx
05-29-2007, 08:03 AM
This hand takes place in part 5 of Bel0w's most recent 50r video on pxf. At the time, I didn't even consider making a move here. For those that haven't seen the video, Bel0w says his commentary that since I have him covered by 90k and there is a short stack that I should shove here as he would have a tough time calling with a hand as strong as AQ (Hand 373 about 34 minutes into part 5 if you have pxf). I usually only exploit these situations when I have a much bigger chip advantage - like if I had 500k I would shove, or if the payout jump is more significant. Am I passing up a good opportunity here?

Payouts:

1st: 11,723
2nd: 7,844
3rd: 4,697
4th: 3,620
5th: 2,930

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t12000 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Martine23 (t55445)
Tmay420 (t334910)
Hero (t337794)
Bdbeatslayer (t395766)
BeL0WaB0Ve (t246085)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BeL0WaB0Ve raises to t32035</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero?</font>

mikeJ
05-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Probably, if he's really going to consider folding AQ. You create another 100k gap between your stack and belowab0ve if you resteal successfully.

Soulman
05-29-2007, 09:14 AM
This really depends on the players' awareness of the situation. You need a really good FE for a move to be correct here with ATC (which seems to be what bel0w is suggesting) - too lazy to ICM it, but at a guess 70%-80%.

Since he raised anyway, I'm assuming he either a) raised good cards or b) assumed you weren't going to adjust enough. If either these were untrue, he should be raising tighter in order to not be exploitable (by say raising top 30% and only calling top 4%, which includes AQs).

Since it's bel0w, I think it's fair to assume he knows he should call a bit tighter due to the shorty, but also that he's good enough to see if the other stacks are aware of this. If he continues to raise lots, it's time to start making moves on him.

uclabruinz
05-29-2007, 09:30 AM
I would not be expecting HIM to fold to a move in order to move up $700. If anything, I would expect him to call down relatively light thinking you might be making a move because of the short stack and that it's a good shot to double into the chip lead and take control of the table.

Foucault
05-29-2007, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would not be expecting HIM to fold to a move in order to move up $700. If anything, I would expect him to call down relatively light thinking you might be making a move because of the short stack and that it's a good shot to double into the chip lead and take control of the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my first thought, too. I'd insta-call AT with below's image.

NHFunkii
05-29-2007, 10:11 AM
he is a dirty liar if he says he's folding AQ there

that said, for the shortstack reason he mentioned, and the fact that he often opens very wide, it's certainly not a terrible spot for a shove.

djk123
05-29-2007, 11:45 AM
There's no way he should be folding strong hands here in order to survive. I have a hard time believing that he would actually fold AQ here if you pushed. It'd be a terrible fold if he did.

grafyx
05-29-2007, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said in the video was that he would only call with TT+, AK, maybe AQ (it would be a loose call) and that he probably made a mistake opening given the size of the stack of shorty. I was very surprised when watching the video to hear him say that given that the jump in money is fairly small. I didn't even consider making a move at the time because I thought his calling range would be much wider.

sinderg
05-29-2007, 03:05 PM
AQ does look nice but remember he would be a lot more comfertable with 10's or 99;s then aq. in the ends he knows your gonna be live which isnt a situation he would like to take. i still think belowabove never folds aq here.

another point is theres usally a deal made around 3 way, so getting your self in good shape for that is a consideration.

personally i think id shove aslong as i havent got a really bad 'over the top' image.

Bakes
05-29-2007, 03:16 PM
jeez nice final table. both my 100rs weren't half has hard as that

curtains
05-29-2007, 03:16 PM
cmon this is absurd, the difference between 4th and 5th means very little here. There is no reason for villain to be so paranoid with a 11k first place and a 700 difference between 4th and 5th.