PDA

View Full Version : is neteller stable for non-US customers?

Parisian..Poker
05-28-2007, 04:59 AM
After the recent problems neteller has had with the DOJ, does anyone think their company is stable outside of the US? Would you US players reopen a neteller account with a foriegn bank account if you had the chance? I recently became a first time neteller account holder, as a french/us citizen I was able to open an account. Is there anyway I could get in trouble by the US gov for having an acount? Ty for any insight you may have.

snowbank
05-28-2007, 06:40 AM
Would you US players reopen a neteller account with a foriegn bank account if you had the chance?

helllllllllz no

Richas
05-28-2007, 07:03 AM
I still run a Neteller account and it is working fine. I checked the accounts and they are OK. It's not where I keep my life savings but I think it is pretty safe.

The payment problems for US citizens are a reult of your government not Neteller.

vilemerchant
05-28-2007, 08:56 AM
I still use Neteller but I don't leave substantial balances on there for very long. Lately it's only used as a wallet to transfer from one site to another, but I will be using the new ATM card when it arrives.

Reef
05-28-2007, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you US players reopen a neteller account with a foriegn bank account if you had the chance?

helllllllllz no

[/ QUOTE ]

F neteller

big e
05-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Its not just the US problem it's now Canada, and Turkey. The only question is who's next.

daryn
05-28-2007, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I still use Neteller but I don't leave substantial balances on there for very long. Lately it's only used as a wallet to transfer from one site to another, but I will be using the new ATM card when it arrives.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i always used it for. i was amazed when i heard people had large amounts of money just chilling out in there.

jkpoker
05-28-2007, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i always used it for. i was amazed when i heard people had large amounts of money just chilling out in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never left large amounts chilling in neteller... I let it get up to around 2k and took 1500 out to my bank. I still got cought with 2500 in it and its killing me now.

StellarWind
05-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Citizenship is generally irrelevant for all online gaming and e-wallet issues. Residency and current location are what matter.

I think the risk of losing funds in Neteller is very high. The number of ways non-U.S. depositors could lose their money is limited only by your imagination.

I've written about this before. Search on my user name and "Neteller" if you want the long version of my opinion.

Richas
05-28-2007, 05:22 PM
I could not find it StellarWind maybe a link would help.

I don't agree though. As a UK citizen, in the UK, protected by the FSA, with a government that is not trying to stop me playing poker online, with the deposits in trust accounts and with Neteller's own accounts showing they have their own cash I feel very safe. The US problem is the DOJ not Neteller.

LadyWrestler
05-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Sorry, but I would not trust Neteller! I naively thought at one time they were a reputable company. I once trusted them and felt safe with my money in their possession. No more. If this all turned around and Neteller started doing business with the USA again, not one dollar of my money would go in there. The chances of losing money if you deal with them is quite high, IMO, no matter what country you are in.

JOHNY CA$H
05-29-2007, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The US and Canadian problem is the DOJ not Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason Strasser (strassa2)
05-29-2007, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Daryn, I cant speak for others, but for me I just had really bad timing and was moving money out as the legislation hit. I think keeping a ton of money on netteller is obviously retarded, i just got screwed.

Soulman
05-29-2007, 09:18 AM
I have no problem at all trusting Neteller with a small portion of my bankroll. This is to a) facilitate moving cash between sites in hassle-free manner and b) to use their debit card.

Keeping big parts of your roll there is another matter entirely.

frommagio
05-29-2007, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could not find it StellarWind maybe a link would help.

I don't agree though. As a UK citizen, in the UK, protected by the FSA, with a government that is not trying to stop me playing poker online, with the deposits in trust accounts and with Neteller's own accounts showing they have their own cash I feel very safe. The US problem is the DOJ not Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter what the USA DOJ did, their failure to communicate with their customers is intolerable.