PDA

View Full Version : Hand and a Request

Crispy
05-25-2007, 03:28 AM
Hand from Sunday Second Chance

We are about 2 hours in, i have about an avg stack of 14k/15kish. Pretty tight table with one really loose aggressive villan. Villan is the loose aggro about the same in chips.

Blinds 300/600 Loose aggroo makes it 1800 from UTG+1, Hero has KK in MP+1.
What do you guys feel about just cold calling as oppposed to raising. About 80% of the time I like to raise here, but since I was playing against such a loose aggro I felt that it may be better to just call and try to trap on a non Ace flop. However, some could argue that by just caling I am going to allow many ppl in behind and be playing a multi way hand but at the same time it opens up a squeezing opportunity for ppl behind me.

Request: PPLLLLLLLEEEEEASE Make a button on the left hand side for this forum. No one is going to come here if its not posted.

timex
05-25-2007, 03:33 AM
Making the pot multiway isn't the end of the world, and some people could squeeze hands that they would have folded to a reraise by you(not like rags, but like jacks).

If villain cbets lots of flops, and 2-barrels lots, I think calling is certainly correct here.

If you play large field tournaments, calling here is fairly reasonable even as a first choice, if you play smaller field tournaments with the same players, calling here is just exploitable and obvious, and allows them to check fold their small overpairs.

Basically, in this situation, I think calling is almost certainly correct against this villain, but in a similar situation in a say 109r, its not as good.