PDA

View Full Version : Let the mods actually DELETE posts now.

Exitonly
02-19-2006, 05:54 PM
title says it all.

send_the_msg
02-19-2006, 06:13 PM
i would be much happier if mods could do nothing.

diebitter
02-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Are you for it or against it? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

send_the_msg
02-19-2006, 07:27 PM
well diebitter i happen to think you're ok, so yeah sure, but every other mod is pretty much retarded.

MicroBob
02-19-2006, 11:40 PM
i don't understand the title unfortunately.

mods can already delete or edit or lock threads in their own forum as they choose.

they can not delete threads outside their own forum but can obviously ban spammers and whatnot.

But deleting within their forum is up to the individual mod.

Exitonly
02-20-2006, 03:37 AM
Clearly, i'm an idiot.

i've just seen a lot of threads that should have been deleted (in a bunch of forums) just have their title change to "post deleted" or something like that.

so i figured mods didnt have the actual.. ability to delete threads.

edit:

Yep. i'm an idiot. Go ahead and delete this thread /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MicroBob
02-20-2006, 04:00 AM
I'm tempted to to show off my amazing, super-human deleting powers but am electing not to.

Kind of like how we assume Superman doesn't use his X-Ray vision inappropriately.

BluffTHIS!
02-20-2006, 10:10 AM
MB,

Your modly powers can atrophy if you don't exercise them occasionally.

William
02-20-2006, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MB,

Your modly powers can atrophy if you don't exercise them occasionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

MB is a nice guy. He hyperventilates for 3 days when he has to punish somebody.

He's IMO a much better moderator than most of the blood spitting axe swingers that spend their lives patrolling these forums.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jason_t
02-20-2006, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well diebitter i happen to think you're ok, so yeah sure, but every other mod is pretty much retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MicroBob
02-20-2006, 03:17 PM
was this a specific example? I recall no such hyperventilating situation.

I think many of the other mods are doing a much better job than you realize.
The reason i haven't done much is because there just isn't that much to do in this forum.

Other higher traffic forums have many issues to be dealt with and not everybody is going to agree with every decision.

Thanks for the compliment of course. But the fact that I'm not doing as much is as much a function of my teeny-little low-traffic forum as it is any specific mod-philosophy.

William
02-20-2006, 04:03 PM
I am talking figurative, meaning that I have the feeling you don't like very much to swing the ax (which is an excellent thing IMO).

Funy though, the only 2 moderators that have slightly interfered with my posts are (also IMO) nice guys.

Some of the actions taken by others though... *cough...cough*
But I agree with you that perhaps the heavy traffic at other forums requires a firmer fist.

send_the_msg
02-20-2006, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry it's just cause of this anti-noise crusade.

bobbyi
02-20-2006, 05:36 PM
There is a difference between deleting a post and deleting a thread.

If a thread is deleted, the whole thread dispapears completely. Moderators have the power to delete threads but users do not.

If a post is deleted, the post disappears only if it has no replies. If it is has replies, this is when you see the post get "deleted" in the title and the body disappears. Deleting posts is subject to the same rules as editing them: Moderators have the power to delete any posts in their forums and users have the ability to delete their own posts if the "edit" time window is still open (the user made the post recently).

BluffTHIS!
02-20-2006, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But the fact that I'm not doing as much is as much a function of my teeny-little low-traffic forum as it is any specific mod-philosophy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob,

This is a huge problem here indeed and you need to do some marketing to rectify it. I suggest that you deluge the other forums daily with spam posts directing readers to this forum.

MicroBob
02-20-2006, 07:48 PM
And then can I ban myself for spamming?

BluffTHIS!
02-21-2006, 10:16 AM
No Bob. When you are going to abuse, then abuse to the max and make no apologies. Dynasty has shown you how.