PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Berge20 is a lagtastic luckbox

Mr.K
05-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Just thought I'd pop in to say hello to my favorite forum. Interesting developments around Capitol Hill these days and I'm glad you are all still engaged in the debate. Saw the other day that Al D'Amato is now on board with PPA, which is a huge (!!) credibility boost on the Hill. Sadly, if I had to I'd still be the farm against reversal of UIGEA this year, however. Next year and beyond, though, the debate seems to be moving in the right direction.

Mr. K

daedalus
05-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Welcome Back Mr. K.
http://tvland.classictvhits.com/WelcomeBackKotter/Pics/WBK01.JPG

Berge has been busy with the day-job as well, but he pops in to keep us in line. In a sick way I miss that night the UIGEA was passed and all of you guys' chaotic posts. It was the worst night, but kinda fun in hindsight.

Uglyowl
05-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Stay in touch, your posts are very helpful.

Mr.K
05-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Will do guys. I don't sign in here on 2+2 all that often anymore, but I'm still a little "plugged in" to what's going on around the Hill so if I hear anything interesting I'll certainly pass it on.

Edit: By the way, some day I hope to tell the full back story of that fateful night when UIGEA passed. I guarantee it will be worth reading...

daedalus
05-23-2007, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Will do guys. I don't sign in here on 2+2 all that often anymore, but I'm still a little "plugged in" to what's going on around the Hill so if I hear anything interesting I'll certainly pass it on.

Edit: By the way, some day I hope to tell the full back story of that fateful night when UIGEA passed. I guarantee it will be worth reading...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to know who was doing the dirty work for Frist on that imfamous Conference Report 109-711, and the deal that was made. Some day....

Berge20
05-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Hey - I actually legitly flopped a set on you this time....it wasn't my usual double backdoor draw that came in.

Edit - And yes, while I don't post as much anymore...I am around more than is realized /images/graemlins/smile.gif

malo
05-24-2007, 06:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to know who was doing the dirty work for Frist on that imfamous Conference Report 109-711, and the deal that was made. Some day....

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to see both Mr. K and Berge popping in from time to time----and would love to read the backstory also.

Guess a lot of us have our theories and speculation about the specifics.. Be nice to know what actually happened.

MiltonFriedman
05-24-2007, 02:26 PM
My understanding is that the dirty-work was done by the chief lobbyist for the NFL, based upon a second-hand report. (Sorry, I do not remember the lobbyist's name.)

K & Berge, keep in touch .... I do not expect any legislative developments of note this term, but any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PBJaxx
05-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Please post backstory, I am very interested!

Uglyowl
05-24-2007, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please post backstory, I am very interested!

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric Stoner
05-25-2007, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just like the news reports that tell me the "big top story" only to bury it in the final ten minutes because they're scared we'll flip the channel!

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh...count me in the same group as those that want to hear the back story...hope your year was a good one...