PDA

View Full Version : Online poker player wins $365M Powerball lotto!

El Diablo
02-19-2006, 10:28 AM
16yo Josh Field of Lincoln, Nebraska was the holder of the single winning ticket for the $365M Powerball jackpot. When informed that the minimum age to play the lotto is 18, he said that he was just holding the ticket for his grandma who was in the next room. Video at the store, however, showed Josh (who plays online as JJProdigy) purchasing the ticket, and therefore the $365M jackpot was voided and will roll over into next week's contest. Josh was also charged w/ shoplifting when authorities noticed that the video showed him pocketing numerous items at the store.

Keepitsimple
02-19-2006, 10:33 AM
nh sir

wacki
02-19-2006, 11:13 AM
The one thing that bothers me the most about this post is if you actually win the powerball you have to buy one at a store wearing a skimask and duct tape over your license plate just to avoid a million people trying to hound you for donations.

wacki
02-19-2006, 11:14 AM
BTW, yes i realize this is most likely a joke

dibbs
02-19-2006, 11:48 AM
hyukhyukhyukhyuk

Diplomat
02-19-2006, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

-Diplomat

hellbender
02-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Such is the implicit trust we extend unto The Devil.

4thstreetpete
02-19-2006, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but still very funny. LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Banks2334
02-19-2006, 04:34 PM
He was later quoted as saying "Everybody does it. There is a whole underage Lotto Syndicate, but I'm not naming names. Talk to my PR person, Mantis."

Evan
02-19-2006, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously.

mbishop
02-19-2006, 04:59 PM
nh

(BTW, you have to be 19 to play the lottery in Nebraska.)

wacki
02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.moviecitynews.com/static_images/images/2005/200x200/resevoir_dogs.jpg

This explain it? Or do I need to come back and draw the connections in crayon?

Evan
02-19-2006, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.moviecitynews.com/static_images/images/2005/200x200/resevoir_dogs.jpg

This explain it? Or do I need to come back and draw the connections in crayon?

[/ QUOTE ]
Crayon please.

DDC67
02-19-2006, 10:29 PM
lmao and spilling my drink all over my desk. TY

wacki
02-20-2006, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Crayon please.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh.. holy crap. Look it's a very simple concept. Anyone that has seen that movie should be familiar with this concept.

I was too tired to google the news and definitely know, so simply putting "most likely" was less work. Other than his 145K win I know nothing about JJprodigy. If you are going to give me [censored] for not saying I definitely know something when I didn't definitely know something than you can blow me. If I had said 99.9999999999999999% chance of this being a joke would you of been like "99.9999999999999999% chance wtf?"? If so then you are simply being a troll.

dexter02
02-20-2006, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Crayon please.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh.. holy crap. Look it's a very simple concept. Anyone that has seen that movie should be familiar with this concept.

I was too tired to google the news and definitely know, so simply putting "most likely" was less work. Other than his 145K win I know nothing about JJprodigy. If you are going to give me [censored] for not saying I definitely know something when I didn't definitely know something than you can blow me. If I had said 99.9999999999999999% chance of this being a joke would you of been like "99.9999999999999999% chance wtf?"? If so then you are simply being a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime you type something I think you are STOOPIDER.. stop please.

dseiler116
02-20-2006, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The one thing that bothers me the most about this post is if you actually win the powerball you have to buy one at a store wearing a skimask and duct tape over your license plate just to avoid a million people trying to hound you for donations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone needs to read this:

http://www.rotten.com/library/culture/lottery-winners/

dexter02
02-20-2006, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
16yo Josh Field of Lincoln, Nebraska was the holder of the single winning ticket for the $365M Powerball jackpot. When informed that the minimum age to play the lotto is 18, he said that he was just holding the ticket for his grandma who was in the next room. Video at the store, however, showed Josh (who plays online as JJProdigy) purchasing the ticket, and therefore the $365M jackpot was voided and will roll over into next week's contest. Josh was also charged w/ shoplifting when authorities noticed that the video showed him pocketing numerous items at the store.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please add that the ticket was purchased from an Indian Named Dikshit at the Qwik-E-Mart

LOLLOLOLOL... Dude, I was going to jerk off before I went to bed, But after reading this I feel satisfied already.

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-20-2006, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that help? When you collect you have to reveal your name. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

dseiler116
02-20-2006, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that help? When you collect you have to reveal your name. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not according to number 6, you don't.

From Rotten.com:

It's great to be rich, but fame is a bitch. So your primary mission is to claim the money without divulging your identity or having a mental breakdown. Here's how to do it:

1. Don't tell anyone. The single most important rule for maintaining sanity after winning the lottery is: Do everything you can to keep your precious anonymity intact. Of course that means keeping your goddamned mouth shut. Don't share the news with your friends, neighbors, coworkers, or family. Resist even the urge to tell your spouse or significant other, at least for the time being. Otherwise you will have forever blown your one chance at being anonymous. You can always spill the beans later, after all the excitement has died down.

2. Don't sign the ticket. After you write your name on that ticket, you might as well call up and announce the news to your local TV stations and newspapers. Remember that the state lottery commission will publicize the identity of every claimant. Toss the ticket into a clean Ziploc bag (to avoid spills, etc.) and temporarily stash it someplace away from excessive heat, sunlight, pets, children, roommates, coworkers, etc. Make sure it's someplace safe that you won't forget.

3. Act casual. Maintain your normal routine. Continue to attend work, school, church, social functions, etc. Whatever's typical for you. When people ask you what's up, refer to rule number one.

4. Make a few photocopies. At your earliest opportunity, take a trip to a 24-hour Kinko's around 2am when nobody's around and make six copies of the ticket, both front and back. Use one of the self-serve machines and take any and all bad copies with you (i.e. leave none in the trash). And before you leave, doublecheck to make sure you didn't leave the original in the machine.

5. Rent a safe-deposit box. Contact your bank and see if they have any vacant safe deposit boxes, tell them you're going on a trip and need to store some documents for a few months. Make a point of asking them how much it costs, even though you couldn't care less. You're trying to keep up appearances. When you go down to the bank in person to open your box, you will probably need some ID and your bank card. Bring the ticket, along with some other (fake) papers. Don't show them the ticket, obviously. Loose lips sink ships. Stash the ticket in the box and put the box key on your keyring. Don't lose the key.

6. Open a blind trust. Hire a tax attorney. Once you're a client, the lawyer is legally bound to maintain your confidentiality. Tell them you want to open a blind trust in order to claim the lottery prize as an anonymous trustee. Provide three photocopies of your ticket. All contact with the lottery commission will be made through your lawyer.

7. Contact a financial planner. Rich people don't tend to stay that way without a little planning. If you have the choice between annual payments and a single large payout, you should consider the big jackpot. It's less money total, but it's probably about the same as the annuity if you take the lump sum and invest it in interest-bearing savings bonds. However, the single large payout may incur a higher tax rate. Ask your tax experts.

8. Tie up any financial loose ends. No reason to procrastinate now. Pay all those traffic fines and parking tickets. Catch up on alimony or child support payments. Settle any debts. Instruct your financial planner to scrub those black marks off your credit score, but don't cancel your credit cards -- that'll screw up your rating. And don't think it won't matter anymore. It matters.

9. Draft or update your last will and testament. If there were ever a time for estate planning, it's now. Be sure to remember us by including The Rotten Codicil in your will.

10. Move away. And not just out of town. We're talking out of state, possibly out of the country. You can't expect to keep a lid on your secret forever; information wants to be free. Maybe buy a modest house with a good alarm system in a gated community with a private security force. That ought to minimize the solicitors at your door. Also be sure to get an unlisted phone number.

wacki
02-20-2006, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't.

Anonymous
South Carolina June 26, 2004 Cash $34,231,030.83

WLT Trust
Pennsylvania December 8, 2004 Cash $93,428,155.06

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_stories.asp

cnfuzzd
02-20-2006, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Everytime you type something I think you are STOOPIDER.. stop please.

[/ QUOTE ]

wacki > you. please stfu.

peace

john nickle

Georgia Avenue
02-20-2006, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to mention that he had previously won a $50 pick-three instant jackpot, so they took his bike too. He had been going around challenging other countries to head-ups lottery competitions, so, it's actually a bad beat for Sweden, England, et all, as well.

mother_brain
02-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Next week's 450 million jackpot won by 2+2 poster mother_brain.

3 weeks later
2+2 poster and jackpot winner mother_brain playing 10cent/20cent NL after going busto to Andy Beal HU.

Easy E
02-20-2006, 04:46 PM
nice

Easy E
02-20-2006, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Crayon please.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And the hole gets deeper...

MrFizzbin
02-21-2006, 01:42 AM
What a bucket of BS I hope you bluff at the table better than you do here....

J_V
02-21-2006, 02:42 AM
Gay.

gilbert
02-21-2006, 02:58 AM
lmao. nice.

RDWallace
02-21-2006, 03:04 AM
everybody wants a thrillll payin anythin to roll the dice just one more timeeeeeeee.

ellizizcute
02-21-2006, 02:31 PM
ummm not sure if anyone has said this, but JJprodigy also had to forfeit his 140K party poker win after he had used two accounts..sucks for that guy!

daryn
02-21-2006, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ummm not sure if anyone has said this, but JJprodigy also had to forfeit his 140K party poker win after he had used two accounts..sucks for that guy!

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about? are you sure?

KaneKungFu123
02-21-2006, 02:40 PM
NH!

HotPants
02-21-2006, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about? are you sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't listen to him Daryn, he's just making [censored] up I reckon. He probably thinks it's funny

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-21-2006, 04:46 PM
That's news to me. It has always my understanding that the winner of a government sanctioned lottery was by definition public information to prevent the appearance of collusion.

I've always known that you could refuse overt press coverage, but that the commission had to make your name available.

This is clearly a case where I'm happy to be wrong. Oh, wait. I didn't win.

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Better yet.

1) Tell your spouse
2) Collect the money
3) Instruct your bank to put all but a few hundred thousand into 90-day t-Bills.
4) Go away on vacation for 2 months and hire a financial planner.

Sorry, until someone shows me law that indicates to the contrary, I still believe that the State must make the identity of lottery winners public information. You can go the blind trust route, but the principles and managers must also be public information.

Oh, yeah, there's also the IRS. I'm pretty sure you can't hide from them.

wacki
02-22-2006, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Sorry, until someone shows me law that indicates to the contrary, I still believe that the State must make the identity of lottery winners public information. You can go the blind trust route, but the principles and managers must also be public information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this convince you?

The laws of the state where the ticket was sold will control the release of your identity. Winners do not have to appear before the press or even show up in person to get their check, but they are likely to find that the press will search them out. Only one Powerball member currently permits winners to remain anonymous (Delaware).

http://www.powerball.com/pb_faq.asp#anonymous

Sucks as it's only one state, I was under the impression that there were more. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wacki
02-22-2006, 03:52 PM
The winning ticket was bought at a shop on Saturday, but no-one came forward to claim it until Wednesday.

That led to three days of wild speculation and media activity in the town. Even the shop's security cameras were studied to try to spot the winner.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4740982.stm

THERE IS NO ESCAPE!!!!