PDA

View Full Version : no one from france is invited to the party?

Parisian..Poker
05-19-2007, 04:11 PM
I recently became excitied because i was moving back to france and invisioned myself taking money from donkies on partypoker. However much to my surprise i now find out that partypoker no longer accepts french players? anyone have any information or an article about this. thanks

davmcg
05-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Although I like the French myself no one else does. sorry

(try the search facility for various threads about the French authorities threatening to arrest anyone who promotes internet gambling)

xerxesthegod
05-19-2007, 07:49 PM
you can play if you have already an account but new accounts are not allowed.

Parisian..Poker
05-19-2007, 10:03 PM
so say i was in the uk for a few days. can i set up a real money account and then place in france?

Mamet
05-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Not a good idea. They'll notice you're playing from a French IP address, and ask for some sort of identification and a utility bill. Because it's Party they'll probably wait until you're trying to cash out to do this, and then confiscate all your money.

Then again, because it's Party maybe they wont notice anything and you can get away with it, but opening your account in the UK wont help you in any way.

Richas
05-20-2007, 08:27 AM
I think a UK based account would be fine playing in France the only issue would be showing your address in the UK to start with, Neteller would still work for deposits etc.

Part do not care about current French players, their problem was with a threat of prosecution for promoting in France. I still play regularly against people listed as in France on Party. Having said that why worry, Party ain't that special try Will Hill, Laddies or any non US site if you really want to avoid Yank grinders (and meet scandie ones instead).

Parisian..Poker
05-20-2007, 06:01 PM
can anyone think of a fesible way to get around this? like if i used neteller to deposit while i was in spain/uk/ireland/etc. or any other ways would be great thanks!