PDA

View Full Version : [5NL] AA in multiway monotone flop

foal
05-18-2007, 03:17 PM
I was thinking he might have been semi-bluffing on a flush draw. I was uncomfortable betting out right away and uncomfortable calling the raise. Preflop I wasn't expecting as much action as I got or I would have raised higher.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

<font color="black">foal (SB): $5.15</font>
BB: $6.98
UTG: $2.68
CO: $10.85
BTN: $6.80

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> foal is dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.15</font>, BTN calls $0.15, <font color="red">foal raises to $0.45</font>, BB calls $0.40, CO folds, BTN calls $0.30

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.50) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">foal bets $1.10</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $6.35</font>, foal calls all-in for $3.60
Uncalled bet of $1.65 returned to BTN

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10.90) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players - 2 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($10.90) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $10.90 ($0.50 Rake)

foal
05-18-2007, 04:07 PM
bump? I got stacked 4 times in 300 hands so I'm trying to understand any mistakes. I'm kind of thinking even with 2-1 odds I should have folded given the chances of it being either a flush or a set.

foal
05-18-2007, 04:08 PM
oh yeah and I think I meant monochrome not monotone. =p

deflY
05-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Raise more on the flop. At least $1.50.

BTN cold-calls before the flop, so it's likely that he has either suited connectors (and made a weak flush and therefore needs to protect against other /images/graemlins/heart.gif) or a pocket pair that just hit a set. And you're getting only 2-1 odds and it's likely that you are totally crusted if another /images/graemlins/heart.gif comes on Turn/River. And you got only 2 outs (and you still don't know whether it would help you if you hit a set).

foal
05-18-2007, 04:54 PM
so bet higher, but fold to all-in raise?

foal
05-18-2007, 06:48 PM
anyone for calling the all in or is it obv. fold?

Keys Myaths
05-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Raise more preflop.

That makes this hand a lot easier to play, actually.

BTW--if you're rolled for it, buy in for the max.

jmgambler
05-18-2007, 06:58 PM
ugh, horrible spot...your drawing to one out A/images/graemlins/club.gif (if that) honestly, you have to let this go IMHO. if this was the CO giving you this action I would prolly call and hope to see an overpair, but BTN has cold called TWO raises, People really only do this with sml PP/suited connectors....looks like a made flush or 88/77/33 which would all cold call like this

karlwig
05-18-2007, 07:03 PM
i guess this would usually be a fold.

though, and i have to say this: there are some sickos at those micro stakes doing this with top pair/overpair, so you might see top pair with ace kicker a little % of the time.
these players are seen rare though, and most likely you're beat.

i would still call, just because of the level you're playing. people move in with ALL sorts of hands.

YES, he would do this with a flush or a set.
but look at all the other hands he could do it with (if he's a bad player, and we assume he is): AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT and so on... AND top pair with the ace of hearts.
so i think this kind of spot could easely be 50-50 in the long run at these stakes... and since you're getting a price better than that, i would make the call.