PDA

View Full Version : NL50 KK gets action

ontiltsoon
05-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Cryptologic - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $50.25
BB: $15.10
UTG: $28.36
MP: $103.53
CO: $46.00
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $58.90</font>

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Villain is 17/9/2.5 WSD 18% W$SD 60% and has folded SB to steal 92% of the time after 1.5K hands. I have not seen him do anything stupid...
I've been quite active for the last orbits</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $15.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, pushes or folds???

If Hero calls an villain pushes the river do you call?

tarheeljks
05-18-2007, 03:00 PM
villain's range is probably something like Ahxh, AQ,KQ, KhTh, Kh9h. Th9h, Th8h, possibly also AJ, KJ. if we push he's getting something like 1:2, so against this range i prefer a call as he defintely calls w/2pair and w/his biggest draws and may even call w/something like Ahxh.

edit: if he were the type of player that is willing to felt TPTK here then I would push, but you said he hadn't gotten out of line so i don't like a push here. i call and re-evaluate the turn.

ontiltsoon
05-19-2007, 03:34 AM
If you call and a brick comes, what do you do against a push?

tarheeljks
05-19-2007, 03:40 AM
i bang my head on the keyboard and call.

JROK777
05-19-2007, 03:52 AM
Isn't a push standard here?

losingdonkey
05-19-2007, 03:59 AM
I'd push the flop. I think a person with those stats would reraise QQ or JJ preflop, and I don't think they're playing QJ oop so push and see him flip 44!

ontiltsoon
05-19-2007, 04:01 AM
Against a donk I'm pushing every time, but I don't think this guy has AQ here to often, and I don't think he call preflop with KQ.

eco26
05-19-2007, 05:45 AM
if we call we`re comittet. But i would call anyways, if a h or any T/K/9 doesnt hit we`re probably in front and can push. imo these guys dont like to 3bet with anythig else then KK/AA. On a thight day i could even fold here...

eco26
05-19-2007, 06:23 AM
i reconcidert, he most certain has a set....fold

Thuey11
05-19-2007, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
please learn the english language

eco26
05-19-2007, 06:44 AM
lol, thats friendly. thanks for the advice

Chomp
05-19-2007, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sentences in the English language begin with a capital letter and end with a full stop (known as a period in the US). Furthermore, the word "English" should be capitalised as it is a proper noun.

So, it would seem that in a very, very simple 5-word sentence, you have made 3 fundamental mistakes to offend the self-same English language you seem so concerned about pronouncing on.

As we are on 2+2, I'll also add that across the entirety of your sentence, that is grand total of 1.66 mistakes per word. That might well make it one of the worst sentences in the history of the written word.

So perhaps before you start lecturing others you should look to yourself.

Yesterday when I was terrible at poker I call here. Today, because I have left my loser days behind me, I fold.

Phalaris
05-19-2007, 10:31 AM
what sort of stats did the BB have. the SB pf flop range might widen if BB was a donk.

Check_The_Nuts
05-19-2007, 12:13 PM
this is a pretty clear fold, and I would check the flop if BB wasn't a fish (if he is a fish I can see betting and folding if SB raises).

Lordy
05-19-2007, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a pretty clear fold, and I would check the flop if BB wasn't a fish (if he is a fish I can see betting and folding if SB raises).

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking behind this flop seems kinda horrible.

Seeeno
05-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Checkbehind seems very horrible yes.
The bet is very standart and good.
We have an overpair and are ahead often, but if such a tight player (att. to steal &gt;50% over 1.500 ??!) now makes a move, I do not think he has QK AQ JT AJ often enough.
Maybe AhQx, but honestly, let this one go and take a note. It looks like we are behind, even if I cant image another hand then JJ.

Gullanian
05-19-2007, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sentences in the English language begin with a capital letter and end with a full stop (known as a period in the US). Furthermore, the word "English" should be capitalised as it is a proper noun.

So, it would seem that in a very, very simple 5-word sentence, you have made 3 fundamental mistakes to offend the self-same English language you seem so concerned about pronouncing on.

As we are on 2+2, I'll also add that across the entirety of your sentence, that is grand total of 1.66 mistakes per word. That might well make it one of the worst sentences in the history of the written word.

So perhaps before you start lecturing others you should look to yourself.

Yesterday when I was terrible at poker I call here. Today, because I have left my loser days behind me, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned

RandomHand
05-19-2007, 01:39 PM
If, like you say, you've been active for the last few orbits. He may well call here with AQ (suited or not). My biggest concern here is that he has a set of 4's. He may have called looking to bust you on a big made hand vs your frequent aggression.

If he's the type of player to protect against a flush draw and sees you as aggressive, he'll make this play rather than leading out with a set.

I push All in over his bet here as I think he sees your continuing aggressive stance as a C-bet. I think he has AQ and believes your on a weaker Ace. Hope it went well.