PDA

View Full Version : Do I fold trips & OESD on this turn push?

Noobler
05-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Not many reads on villain but he does like to limp a lot of pots (just guessing I would say between 50-75% of the hands). I have seen him limp KK and AK and push preflop after a raise. He has gotten pretty lucky a few times catching big hands on the stuff he limps.

Overall the table seems a little passive preflop, so I decided to limp in here and see what happens. The flop made me pretty happy until I got c/r, but I call the min reraise to see what happens on turn. After he checked the turn, I figured I was in decent shape and now I have SD to go along with it just in case he has a 9 and a higher kicker. But now he pushes I am lost. I feel that I am behind here, but I have outs to a full house and the straight, although I am not sure if they are all clean.

Comments on all streets welcome. Should I have just folded this preflop? I know the flop bet is weak.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($8.80)
Button ($7.65)
SB ($5.80)
BB ($6.55)
UTG ($13.45)
MP ($5.70)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.50) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.25</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.5</font>, Hero calls $0.25.

Turn: ($1.50) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $5.1</font>, Hero ???

CobraGoat
05-18-2007, 02:44 PM
call. if you have a read that this guy will limp big hands PF then that makes this an easier call. i really think you are ahead of this guys overall range and have redraw outs.

ssdex
05-18-2007, 02:46 PM
i hate shortstacks..... if hes deeper i fold, but as played and his stack size I call....... seems like your beet here, but its marginal...... if its 8 10...... you have 8 outs, if its a bigger 9 you have 4 outs to a chop and probably 11 outs to a win and if its a mad hand, well good luck, but i think your ahead here enough to call.

tarheeljks
05-18-2007, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call. if you have a read that this guy will limp big hands PF then that makes this an easier call. i really think you are ahead of this guys overall range and have redraw outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah. if he's limping w/AK and big pps, you are very likely to be ahead here.

robinmbuk
05-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Against the player you described, I think I have to call here. Alot of the time you'll be behind, but even then you've got some good outs.

p.s reload to keep your stack @ 100BBs

JROK777
05-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Bet.35 on the flop. What's up with 1/2 pot bet on flop?

Noobler
05-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah the flop bet was weak. I don't know what I was thinking. There were 5 people in the hand and I did not know how good my trips were and was just going to find out cheaply. I honestly didn't know what to expect. I half expected everyone to fold, but just a few hands ago I watched just about the whole table call a healthy flop bet. So in the end I just bet half the pot. Looking back that was the first thing I noticed, the wimpy flop bet.

I never even thought about him having the straight and I certainly would have never guessed that he flopped a FH. I called even though I felt sick doing it and he turned over pocket 7's/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Machavelli
05-18-2007, 06:34 PM
instacall

jmgambler
05-18-2007, 06:37 PM
I gotta call here, against the Shtstack, looks like has has a better 9, but I dont think you can fold this here esp with outs ......... unless its 77/66 then oh well :-)