PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 : river question

Kramer
05-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $25.00
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $54.30</font>
UTG: $23.40
BTN: $17.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB folds, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.85) J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.80</font>, UTG calls $0.80, BTN folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($2.45) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.05</font>, UTG calls $2.05

<font color="black">River:</font> ($6.55) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ??</font>
UTG - 18/10/1 but only 80 hands and I don't remember a lot about his play

What is the plan on the river ?
Bet ? (how much ?)
What is the plan if we bet and he raises ?
Check / Call a bet ?

Superman26gt
05-18-2007, 02:23 PM
I like a c/c here for many many reasons

1. Keeps the pot relatively small

2. Gives him a chance to bluff if he missed his draw

3. Looks like you missed your draw

I think there's other reasons but these are the main ones I think

Kramer
05-18-2007, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like a c/c here for many many reasons

1. Keeps the pot relatively small

2. Gives him a chance to bluff if he missed his draw

3. Looks like you missed your draw

I think there's other reasons but these are the main ones I think

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if you are dumb as hero and bet 3$ and he raises to 8$?
I think i'm [censored] when he does that

ssdex
05-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Lead is not bad here either............ villian is 18/10, therefore he is not limping 10/8, K 10 and 99 are the only hands I think that have you destroyed here, I think J 9 Q 9 and any j q or 9 with a 10 is possible here and he is probably checking those hands behind.... depending on his showdown value, I may lead here or check call here.... i dont think either is bad, but dont lead pot lead between 2-3, which still induces bluffing and will let you talk yourself out of folding if he raises.

Superman26gt
05-18-2007, 02:32 PM
I make sure I learn from that mistake and flip a coin this time..

Really if somehow I end up here, I'll take a deep breath, look away from the screen, clear my mind for a couple seconds and when I look back at the table I go with my first instinct..

This is expert advice FYI /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit: ok after i clear my mind and come back to it, it's a call, he missed his draw

Superman26gt
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
You'll rarely go wrong with ssdex's lines..

Kramer
05-18-2007, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lead is not bad here either............ villian is 18/10, therefore he is not limping 10/8, K 10 and 99 are the only hands I think that have you destroyed here, I think J 9 Q 9 and any j q or 9 with a 10 is possible here and he is probably checking those hands behind.... depending on his showdown value, I may lead here or check call here.... i dont think either is bad, but dont lead pot lead between 2-3, which still induces bluffing and will let you talk yourself out of folding if he raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't focused on the hand and I thought he was a loos donk but when he raised I didn't feel very well.

I think I played this very bad having his stats under my nose
C/C would have been better.(I think)

ssdex
05-18-2007, 02:38 PM
so you led 4 5 or 6 and he repopped and you called? he probably had K 10 or 9 9 im guessing, which is ok, but c/c and 2-3 dollar lead out for value here is probably best, depending on his re raise i probably call if i lead 2-3 and he re raises to less than 10.

CobraGoat
05-18-2007, 02:38 PM
i think your river bet is fine. half-2/3 for value IMO.

This villain is not aggro so i do not think your chance of inducing a bluff is good enough to warrant a c/c on river.

FWIW, if he did in fact raise your river bet, that is a really strange line from this opp. KT becomes a real possibility. T8 seems unlikely given villains stats (nitty). and a set seems unlikely as villain prob would have raised 99-QQ. i wanna call the raise, but from this opp...wow, im not sure what we beat.

ssdex
05-18-2007, 02:43 PM
if you raised 5 or 6 and he repopped i think i fold......... mostly b/c his aggression factor is low and i dont think hed play anything besides k 10 like this..... however if he had a hi aggression factor then i prolly snap call and rake a pot when he shows kq q 9 or j 9 suited. and all busted single pair st8 draws.

Kramer
05-18-2007, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you raised 5 or 6 and he repopped i think i fold......... mostly b/c his aggression factor is low and i dont think hed play anything besides k 10 like this..... however if he had a hi aggression factor then i prolly snap call and rake a pot when he shows kq q 9 or j 9 suited. and all busted single pair st8 draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet out 3 or 3.5 and he raised to 8$.
I called like a little [censored] fish like I am
The fold was OK i think and C/C river would have been the best move ..

ssdex
05-18-2007, 02:53 PM
thats not terrible, pay the man off, he played it golden........ i lose 4.5 5 more here every time with top too, i really dont think u played it bad then.

Superman26gt
05-18-2007, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell did he have?? I know it's Party but this is 80% a missed draw imo at ub.

Kramer
05-18-2007, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell did he have?? I know it's Party but this is 80% a missed draw imo at ub.

[/ QUOTE ]
KT . Nh and nice play .. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

hmmm don't know what to say about the games.
I haven't played in a long time and in the last 6 day I put in 16k hands and I've seen a lot of bigger donks then me but olso a lot of very tight tables.
I find tables with all players 20/16 13/9 25/20 etc...but olso 60/0/ 80/0 .

Don't know when is the right time to play there.Here in romania is 10 PM and I've played from 3PM until 8PM but I think right now a lot of good games are starting.

MJBuddy
05-18-2007, 03:08 PM
The funny thing is, you're lucky as hell that the river came to a flush draw. Otherwise you would have full-headed your blank and he would have nailed you to the wall with his reraise.

Superman26gt
05-18-2007, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KT . Nh and nice play .. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, you're the one that put us in this position in the first place /images/graemlins/grin.gif