PDA

View Full Version : NL10 - Fold Straight on Turn?

calmB4storm
05-18-2007, 01:55 PM
No reads on villain, as I just sat down...

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure this was a pretty bad fold. It seems like he could easily have a set, two pair, or even an overpair, not necessarily a flush. Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $13.15</font>
BB: $4.10
UTG: $17.30
MP: $7.60
CO: $9.60
BTN: $0.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
BB folds, UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO folds, BTN calls $0.05, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.40) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">BTN bets $0.10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.60</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($1.60) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
BTN checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $6.80</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $5.55 returned to BTN

Pot Size: $4.10 ($0.40 Rake)

calmB4storm
05-18-2007, 02:36 PM
bump

Keys Myaths
05-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Nope. The betting line shows he has the flush. He was trying to buy an extremely cheap card on the flop, and called your raise anyway.

Then, the c/r of the turn seals it.

Fantastic fold. NH, sir.

MJBuddy
05-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Only change in line I may make is a check on the turn; you do fear the flush, and keeping the pot small due to the scare card is entirely understandable.

And if you river a heart, you have a flush as well..

Bramsterdam
05-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Good fold, but check turn behind next time.

jafeather
05-18-2007, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And if you river a heart, you have a flush as well.. but it's a real weak one that you won't want to get to much $$$ involved with so it's a good idea to go ahead and bet the turn and shut down if you meet resistance as this is both your least expensive option as well as your best option to take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

CobraGoat
05-18-2007, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nope. The betting line shows he has the flush. He was trying to buy an extremely cheap card on the flop, and called your raise anyway.

Then, the c/r of the turn seals it.

Fantastic fold. NH, sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i think villains range is slightly larger than a flush but i think you are behind his likely holdings here. goot fold.

MJBuddy
05-18-2007, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And if you river a heart, you have a flush as well.. but it's a real weak one that you won't want to get to much $$$ involved with so it's a good idea to go ahead and bet the turn and shut down if you meet resistance as this is both your least expensive option as well as your best option to take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe he's going to be pushing/overbetting the river heart? If he doesn't have the ace here, a heart is a scare card for him too, and that means he's value betting and calling. I doubt he'll overbet the pot, regardless, so checking the turn and keeping the pot to where it is remains just as cheap with a much higher chance to win this hand.

Thuey11
05-18-2007, 03:45 PM
cobragoat, i have read all of your advice that you have given the past few hours and i disagree with everything you have said. You are an awful player with your logic on every hand that you have replied

Beanyman101
05-18-2007, 03:45 PM
nothing wrong with your fold here.

If you're scared about the flush card on the turn, just check behind

china_hard
05-18-2007, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

cobragoat, i have read all of your advice that you have given the past few hours and i disagree with everything you have said. You are an awful player with your logic on every hand that you have replied

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Cobragoat, do not be offended. Please use these forums. However, please just post hands and ask lots of questions until you can reason through more precisely why other's should take lines. Do not feel bad, there are many doing the same as you.

OP: You made things difficult for you by betting the turn. It is very rare that a villain will lead the flop for a min-bet and call a pot (or near pot) sized raise on this type (or any type of board) without a flush draw. If this happens and a flush hits, which you would be behind to, your only aim is to get to a showdown as cheap as possible.

I just re-read the HH and each street has the button acting first? Also, you apparently checked your SB pf. Please fix it.

kaz2107
05-18-2007, 04:05 PM
the advice in this thread is damn near 100% wrong. checking behind is 100% tha worst play on the turn and if u do that u have serious leaks. villians range is no where near a flush here. obv he could have a flush but he could have 2 pair a set a combo drsw a lone drawe and over pair and probably random [censored]. folding tha turn is pretty bad but checking behind is tha worst thing. yea lets let him draw for free here. this is [censored] 10nl for [censored] sake. i love how people can put people on 1 specific hand at 10nl with no read on villian. this is just insane.

BevillTheDevil
05-18-2007, 04:06 PM
haha check behind seems like the worst line, i rather bet/fold if were gona give up on the hand but im probably bettin then pushin over the top...i was gona pokerstove this but it was takin too long cause villian's range is sooo wide. Let me remind all that this is 10NL as well so villian's range is even wider. But maybe the 10NL game has dramatically tighted up or gotten tougher since ive played?? But probably not, an uknown villian=donk IMO and plays this hand the same way with not only a flush...

china_hard
05-18-2007, 04:10 PM
I was going to add more to my post but thought it wasnt worth my time as OP couldnt post the hand anywhere near properly. Hero doesnt even have position ffs.

ActionStan
05-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Criminy. For all of you folders out there, you have the nut straight and flush redraws. I think giving the villain credit for a big flush and a big flush only is really a mistake.

The is NL10! People get all-in on 2 pair here or an overpair with redraws.

Plus the villain limped! Maybe he has a big flush, but man, I wouldn't be so quick to dump that hand. He very often has a set or a whacky 2 pair.

If the villain is all-in at $5.50, I think you should really think about calling.

MJBuddy
05-18-2007, 04:28 PM
People also play 23s and push the second they make a hand.

deflY
05-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Villains c/r is so obv. Just cb.

lengthy
05-18-2007, 04:53 PM
how many hands is he going to min bet then call your raise with? I think betting the turn wa pretty big spew. a flush is a good nmber of his holdings and his check raise solidfies it. although you still have a stong hand on the turn, you have turned a redraw. although your redraw is pretty weak against his holdings, I would have checked behind and called a small value bet.
I don't think he always has a flush when the other heart hits,but I think calling the reraise is -EV.