PDA

View Full Version : nl50 88 fh

Ardarandir
05-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $59.10
BB: $38.20
UTG: $39.25
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $55.80</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, SB folds, BB calls $2.00, UTG folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($5.75) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, BB calls $4.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($15.75) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, BB calls $9.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($39.75) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $12.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $51.75 ($1.95 Rake)

call that river or not?...the line of the BB looks pretty fishy to me here and i think it is likely that he play a weak queen like this ( have seen it on various occasions before by other fishes...)...but then a fish might call with a 6 preflop and i'd beat that fh...so call or not?

CobraGoat
05-18-2007, 01:43 PM
im not so sure i like your flop raise. im a big fan of raising weak donk bets but more so when ive missed the flop completely with a drawing hand. in this instance i think i like a call to manage the size of the pot/possibly gain more value out of the hand.

Turn raise is good.

River is tough. I really cant see a fish making that bet with less than a Q. i realize that a 6 is possible but given how strong you have played the hand i think villain checks river here with everything but the Q.

ssdex
05-18-2007, 01:48 PM
call if you think villian has a 6 here more than 1 in 5 or roughly 20%

HBomb
05-18-2007, 02:15 PM
ssdex do u always analyze ur calls by figuring how often someone has something compared to the size of the call to the pot? lol, generally I just go on instinct and read most of the time. Lately I've been considering the call:pot size and can't figure out what are good %'s to be calling down river bets with.

ssdex
05-18-2007, 02:19 PM
well he has to have a 6 1 in 5 for it to be profitable, lots of people will lead very small and cold call a 6 here, same with a Q, the lead on the river is strange..... im probably calling here and saying damn when he shows the Q, but I am pretty read specific too, but I always keep the odds in mind too, there are times when I call, even tho my read tells my im beat b/c the odds are so amazing, your read has to be really really really good here to fold I think.