PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Annie Duke

Coffee
01-04-2006, 02:53 PM
In her book I just read(which was fair...not great, but okay), she mentions that a notable pro pretty much slammed her repeatedly in public, mostly due to who the pro's backer was, or something.

Does anyone know the story on this or who the pro is?

miajag
01-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Negreanu made some attacks on her but I don't think it had anything to do with backing.

cwsiggy
01-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Annie is backed by Eric Seidel and she has a 5% or 10% trade with Ferguson. That is not what the hubub was about. Negreanu was slamming her for having smelly feet, peeking at opponents cards, angle shooting, calling him "cupboy" etc etc.

Zele
01-04-2006, 07:38 PM
If somebody called me "cupboy" one of us would be leaving in a stretcher.

Ron Burgundy
01-05-2006, 12:05 AM
If you haven't seen the latest Bill Fillmaff video (http://www.billfillmaff.com/) you should watch it right now.

Bartman387
01-05-2006, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you haven't seen the latest Bill Fillmaff video (http://www.billfillmaff.com/) you should watch it right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
what are you trying to do? Make people depressed and in need of something that actually is funny?

Ron Burgundy
01-05-2006, 12:08 AM
haha, you suck.

TFlo
01-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Whats wrong with Fillmaff?

mle
01-05-2006, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Annie is backed by Eric Seidel and she has a 5% or 10% trade with Ferguson. That is not what the hubub was about. Negreanu was slamming her for having smelly feet, peeking at opponents cards, angle shooting, calling him "cupboy" etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is angle shooting and how did she peek at oponents cards?

also, what's a cupboy?

sightless
01-05-2006, 01:05 PM
cup+boy

Zele
01-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Angle shooting is using unethical means to gain an advantage. Obviously it means different things to different people. An example would be intentionally betting out of turn, then checking when checked to (though this practice is no longer allowed in a lot of cardrooms.)

From what I understand, she was peeking at others' hands in pots she was not involved in.

Who knows what a cupboy is.

Bartman387
01-05-2006, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
When Negreanu was new to the tourny circuit both him and Annie were in a tourney and he had a styrofoam cup he was drinking out of. Well when it was empty he still had it with him, dont remember why, maybe he was going to refill it. Anyway, Annie saw this and to anothe rpro said, "Look at that cupboy." Or something along those lines in a not very kind manner.

If you search you can find the post with the link to Dannys descritpion of it in RGP. It seems like every 4 months this gets brought back up somehow and then someone posts the link to it, so there is always a recent post with the link.

Miggo
01-05-2006, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

what is angle shooting and how did she peek at oponents cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone had posted somewhere that she had pulled other players cards out of the muck after a hand was over to look at them and gain information she didn't have the right to.

Bartman387
01-05-2006, 03:26 PM
heres the whole daniel N. Annie Duke thing (http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gambling.poker/browse_thread/thread/d3269fb1595761f9/65fd6aea60ce40eb?lnk=st&q=insubject:annie+insubjec t:duke+author:Daniel+author:Negreanu&rnum=2&hl=en# 65fd6aea60ce40eb)

TheMainEvent
01-05-2006, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
When Negreanu was new to the tourny circuit both him and Annie were in a tourney and he had a styrofoam cup he was drinking out of. Well when it was empty he still had it with him, dont remember why, maybe he was going to refill it. Anyway, Annie saw this and to anothe rpro said, "Look at that cupboy." Or something along those lines in a not very kind manner.

If you search you can find the post with the link to Dannys descritpion of it in RGP. It seems like every 4 months this gets brought back up somehow and then someone posts the link to it, so there is always a recent post with the link.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was actually because he would hold the empty cup with his teeth. I'm with Annie on this one that is some strange behavior.

SoCalPat
01-05-2006, 04:38 PM
The string raise incident was told in almost identical fashion in McManus' Positively Fifth Street. I'm almost positive the book also told of an incident in which Duke grabbed some cards out of the muck, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Hard for the rest of them not to be believable when at least two have been substantiated by other third parties, unless Daniel is lifting stuff from McManus' book and portraying it as events he witnessed. Then, the question is, why would McManus go out of his way to make Duke look bad?