PDA

View Full Version : NL 25 tough spot with qq

biblesalesman
05-18-2007, 12:27 PM
I have no reads on the guy. I think the pf play is pretty standard since the reraiser is quite aggro and does this often with AK. On the flop I think I was trying to get the villian to bluff or maybe bet his AJ, or TT or something in that order.
I'm Den 11. Time btw. I can actually find arguments for both calling, shoving and folding but what would you do?

Table 'whyme270483's HE': $0,25-$0,25 No Limit HE (Real)
seat 0: MacGambler1 ($55,30 chips)
seat 1: Doc of poker ($44,30 chips) (button)
seat 2: maurodr ($23,05 chips)
seat 3: CrazyVrach ($52 chips)
seat 4: -xvxvx- ($25,40 chips)
Seat 8: Den 11. Time ($21,80 chips)
*** *** :
maurodr : post Blind ($0,15)
CrazyVrach : post Blind ($0,25)
Dealt to Den 11. Time: Qc
Dealt to Den 11. Time: Qd
*** Pre-Flop *** :
-xvxvx- : fold
Den 11. Time : raise ($1)
MacGambler1 : call ($1)
Doc of poker : fold
maurodr : fold
CrazyVrach : raise ($4)
Den 11. Time : call ($3,25)
MacGambler1 : call ($3,25)
*** Flop *** : 9c 6h Jd
CrazyVrach : Check
Den 11. Time : Check
MacGambler1 : Bet ($5)
CrazyVrach : Fold
Den 11. Time : whats your move ???

MJBuddy
05-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Well what range can you put Mac on?

Probe defensive bet with Q10s?
AJ?
J9?
JJ?
QQ?
KK?

I think we can eliminate kings and Aces, because the pre-flop play would promote a lot more aggressiveness. Queens are really unlikely. I think a made hand is pretty unlikely too, because he should be expecting a CBet here from an aggressive player on a dry flop and should be looking to reraise. I'm a fan of Q10s here and maybe the JJ. J9 is a possibility, but even in that case you're not drawing anywhere near dead. I think a Raise here would clear up the options on the turn and maybe take the pot back here. It's already a large pot, and you'll be paying through each street here probably anyway, so spend it here and scare him on the turn and you might get a free card.

C4LL4W4Y
05-18-2007, 12:39 PM
"I think the pf play is pretty standard since the reraiser is quite aggro and does this often with AK"

Anyone with a brain should be doing this with AK, let alone if he's quite aggro. If he is such, 3b preflop, you're killing his range.