PDA

View Full Version : 5 hands - sanity check

corsakh
05-18-2007, 09:25 AM
<font color="blue">25NL at UB.

All hands happen within an hour of two tabling at American primetime - 10-11pm eastern I think.

All happen against your regular gamble loving beer drinking fish, think 40-70 VPIP, 10 PFR, 2 AF. No reads worth mentinoning cept I had position on all of them mainly because they were the reason I was at the table. All games are 6 handed.

So in order of appearance. I am reconstructing the hands from memory.</font>

Hand 1
Full stacks.
Hero OTB with black TT.

2 fold, CO limps, Hero raises to 1.25, 2 fold, CO calls.

Pot $3. Flop 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
CO bets $3, Hero raises to $12, CO all in $12 more, Hero calls.

Hand 2
Stacks 50BB.
Hero OTB with black QQ.
(BB in this hand is worse than UTG+1, as far as I am concerned he can have anything from A2o to 10-2s)

1 folds, UTG+1 raise to $0.85, 1 folds, Hero raises to $3, 1 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Pot $12. Flop K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, UTG+1 all in for $7, Hero calls, BB folds.

Hand 3
Full stacks
Hero UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero raises to $1, 4 fold, BB calls.

Pot $2. Flop Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB bets $2, Hero raises to $7, BB all in for 17 more, Hero calls.

Hand 4
Full stacks.
Hero in CO with AT.

1 folds, UTG+1 raises to $0.5, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Pot $2. Flop ATJr.
SB checks, UTG+1 bets $2, Hero raises to $7, SB folds, UTG+1 raises to $15, Hero all in for $10 more, UTG+1 calls.

Hand 5
Slightly deep.
Hero in SB with QQ.
(By this time I am on some serious tilt)

Several limpers, Hero raises to $1.5, limpers fold, CO calls.

Pot $3.25. Flop JT9r.
Hero bets $2.5. CO calls.

Pot $7.25. Turn 8.
Hero bets $6, CO calls.

Pot $19. River Q.
Hero all in $19 more, CO calls.

<font color="blue">I lost all five hands. Please say where you think I was behind on the flop. And if I were, please approximate villains range. </font>

Sweir
05-18-2007, 09:45 AM
1,3 &amp; 4 all looks OK to me. 2 seems very read based, i'd probably fold it. The river on hand 5 is pretty bad IMO as you are probably getting called down pretty light so I think he can have a K fairly easily, flop/turn are fine.

C4LL4W4Y
05-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Hand 1 - I call flop and reevaluate usually. (villain's range - suited aces, 22,55,66, 77-TT, small % JJ-AA, KJs, JTs, QJs, KQs, 78)
Hand 2 - You've got pretty good equity against his range, this is fine. (KT-KQ, AT-AQ, Sc's, 55+, air a lot)
Hand 3 - Standard
Hand 4 - PF is interesting but ok, you're playing for the kind of flops you got. Raise it to $8-9 and call a push. (too many broadway combos that you beat)
Hand 5 - I probably bet pot on the flop and turn, river is a puke spot.

cuQa
05-18-2007, 10:15 AM
1) call flop seems better, sorry :&gt;

2) fold flop. 2 opponents in a reraised pot and a king on the board and one to act behind you? ez fold

3) standard

4) I'm not sure about it.. I would probably fold it preflop if it's not suited but with that flop there is not much you can do :/ if he isnt super passive it's quite hard to lay it down.

5) flop + turn good, river check..if he pushes it's a bad situation but you wont get called by worse hands here..

C4LL4W4Y
05-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Ah true I didn't see there was another player left behind in hand 2.

Check_The_Nuts
05-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Hand 1 you raise too big, your probably screwed on his push but its not much for you to call.

Hand 2 I play the same

Hand 3 Its OK to just call here, he'll put you on the naked Ah a lot of the time and push a bunch of stupid hands on the turn, or call with those same stupid hands.

Hand 4 - I think I go broke the same way you did.

I think the majority of these hands are just coolers. Although in the QQ hand A check/call turn is probably better depending on how aggro he is and how often he floats.

PS who are you?

corsakh
05-18-2007, 11:58 PM
<font color="blue">Ok I'll try explain my logic in every hand.</font>

Hand 1

There is no way I can call him on the flop an reevaluate the turn since 2/3 of the deck kill me. He can donkpot into me with any two high cards, any ace or king that hit, any straight draw, any flush draw and most importantly 77, 88, 99. Calling here equates to putting him stricktly on a set or JJ+ and therefore giving up the hand. Sorry, cant do.

To check the nuts: I acknowledged this fact when I raised this big. But first, this is exactly a potsized raise though it looks a little big. Second, I presumed that a huge part of his range were 77 88 and 99 and I didnt want to loose value if a scare card hit on the turn. Third, given he is a total fish the size of the raise is never an issue, its only the raise itself. Its a different story against a better player of course.

Villain had <font color="white">Kh 7h</font>

Hand 2

As I mentioned, BB's rage is pretty wild and I see him calling 3bet with any ace, any pair or any two suited cards so I am not concerned at all with him having a king. UTG+1 was a differnt story, but given the texture and his stack being half the pot he openpushes here with any king, any jack, any draw. I was pretty sure my equity was good. It would only be an easy fold if an A hit or we were full stacks. But given no ace flopped, the stack sizes and my reads, I am not folding this for half a pot. Though my assumptions were right, I was behind in this hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Villain had <font color="white">Qh Th, rivered royal flush /images/graemlins/smile.gif</font>

Hand 3
We all seem to agree. I dont really see how I would play this differnty since no one is foding a hit and a draw in 3bet pots anyway.

Check the nuts: What naked ace? I assume your missread the hand a little. The only naked ace here is AK, and its a nut straight. Even A8 makes at least a doublegutter.

Villain had <font color="white"> 89o no heart</font>

Hand 4
I only cold call AT in position against big fish both for high card and monster flop value. And thats totally fine as long as you fold it on A95 flop to excessive heat. On the flop viallin could sure have AJ or KQ, but the fact that he chose to 3bet me indicated he most likely did not. He could have AK, AQ, JT, KJ, KT - many many other hands that are in bad shape. His minraise preflop conbined with flop action shows to me his most likely holding are AK, KK, AA, or JT. I destory this range.

Villain had <font color="white">AKo</font>

Hand 5
Sick. Pure tilt moment. What tilted me even more was his hand. Villain had <font color="white">KQo, I was practically drawing dead on the flop </font>

<font color="blue">5 points to Sweir, read all five hands perfectly correct.</font>

ps Sakh2006

corsakh
05-19-2007, 12:07 AM
In QQ hand on the turn he doesnt float. He is a fish. His aggro level you an see from the result /images/graemlins/smile.gif