PDA

View Full Version : 50nl bluffing the floater

Supwithbates
05-18-2007, 02:25 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $50.20
BB: $61.80
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $135.85</font>
BTN: $57.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN calls $2.00, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.75) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, BTN calls $3.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($11.75) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14.00</font>

How's this look? Villain seems passive/floaty type

Vyse
05-18-2007, 02:26 AM
You're playing off a read. Not much to say -- you believe in your read enough to do it, so you did.

wikemang
05-18-2007, 02:27 AM
I'd c/f the turn.

Supwithbates
05-18-2007, 02:57 AM
we've picked up a double gutter, but I'm more specifically basing this off the texture of the board. If he flopped a pair, it's unlikely he's going to bet for value on this turn, making this a likely place to catch him floating. Combined with the OESD +possible ace out, how is this place to try to catch a floater?

BishopsFinger
05-18-2007, 03:12 AM
this a semibluff rather than an outright stone cold bluff is it not?

i think its a good spot but the turn raise is v small - if you had hit hard youd want to protect your hand from the nasty board so a villain would expect a larger raise from a made but non nut hand. if i saw this raise in his position id be a little confused.

confused villains = bad bluffs

i still quite like it though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Waingro
05-18-2007, 04:14 AM
I donīt get it. What kind of hand are you trying to make him fold? A pair, two unpaired cards, better aces? Do you think he bets a hand like JT on the turn? Because if he does bet his marginal holdings he isnīt folding. And if he bets his total air and his monsters, well A9 have some showdown value vs his airy hands.

Supwithbates
05-18-2007, 04:42 AM
Because if we call now and he bets on the river, he could very well be bluffing again... this folds out air, as well as low PP he's bluffing with