PDA

View Full Version : How do you play KQ?

BRDSR
05-18-2007, 01:04 AM
I bleed money with KQ. When it gets dealt to me I like it, it looks good to me. I usually raise pot on an unraised pot, call an already raised pot, and sometimes fold to a tight raiser.

When I hit a K or Q on the flop (provided no ace) I usually play it as if I had AK and hit the A or K, sometimes folding to a strong raise.

What is your general philosophy on playing KQ? Does it change much if it is suited? Does my general philosophy sound -EV? Your thoughts appreciated.

Small stakes, btw. .25/.5NL or .5/1NL.

bacats32
05-18-2007, 01:09 AM
personally I will play the good 'ol soooooted connectors before KQ. I feel that if the K or Q come I am up against the AK or AQ thing.

PJo336
05-18-2007, 01:13 AM
I use it as a drawing hand mostly, just like suited connectors. Works beautifully when to connect you hit an ace and someone stacks off with top pair aces or 2 pair

Red_Diamond
05-18-2007, 01:34 AM
It's great when you're desperate to push.

Ironically, when people play it before that point, they end up having to get desperate and push soon after anyway.

wikemang
05-18-2007, 02:18 AM
I play KQs the same way I play suited connectors. I only call with it preflop if it is suited and I am in position. I only raise KQo from CO and button.

Gonso
05-18-2007, 02:27 AM
Open for a raise mid position and later
Call if in position with 2 or more limpers
From button okay to reraise a LAG raiser or weak limper
great jam hand when short in tourney

start there

if you spike a Q or K, try controlling the pot. Avoid playing for a big pot here, because if you do you're probably losing. This is not a jackpot hand, save that for a set or top 2 pr

What I mean is, if you have KQ and the flop is QT5, and the guy want to play for a monster pot, you're probably in trouble. bet normal cbet on flop, if he calls keep the action in control - i sometimes give cheap draws a chance being a little passive but oh well. another reason to have position