PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - TT facing a 4-flush

hummusx
05-18-2007, 12:01 AM
This guy was 37/8 or so.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($10.55)
MP ($31.50)
CO ($9.15)
Button ($25.60)
Hero ($49.85)
BB ($78.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.25) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $2.50, Button folds.

I think I'm way ahead here.

Turn: ($8.25) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, MP calls $5.

Damn, flush out there now. Only one opponent so I think there's still a good chance I'm head.

River: ($18.25) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $5.25</font>, Hero calls $5.25.

Final Pot: $28.75

Well, crap. I don't know how to feel about having the 4th nut flush. Not happy, but I'm not folding for $5.

jk1986
05-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Make a slightly over pot 3bet pre, will make the hand a lot easier to play.
I probably check call teh turn, depends on villains AF. Board is very scary now, especially since you didn't repop pre to push out the garbage.
River, you have to make the call since hes offering you such good odds.

hummusx
05-18-2007, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably check call teh turn, depends on villains AF. Board is very scary now, especially since you didn't repop pre to push out the garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things with this. 1) I rarely 3-bet with TT. I guess I don't have a huge problem with it except that it's going to flop overcards so often and that's not my favorite place to be. At higher limits I'll probably 3-bet TT a lot more. 2) The problem is that you don't chase out the trash by 3-betting here. People show me so much garbage even in decently raised pots that I just don't think that you can count on anyone having anything in particular (or not having something) just because you've 3-bet. This is only at this level, of course.

Yesterday I stacked a guy who cold called my 3-bet of $3.50 with Q9. Wtf?

wikemang
05-18-2007, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things with this. 1) I rarely 3-bet with TT. I guess I don't have a huge problem with it except that it's going to flop overcards so often and that's not my favorite place to be. At higher limits I'll probably 3-bet TT a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this first part in response to the suggestion about 3-betting TT preflop. I think a call is fine, and I like the flop lead as we're likely ahead here. I would check-call the turn rather than lead, as we will give our opponents a chance to bluff at us/bet a flush draw. River card sucks, I would check-call here as well.

jk1986
05-18-2007, 03:45 AM
I don't buy it tbh, not 3betting here seems pretty weak. When you 3bet you'll take it down here a lot, and in the long run get more action on your bigger hands. Some of the time you'll get heads up, and it will be easier to play. Sometimes you'll get called multiway, and if an overflops then you'll probably have to give up. Point is, the way you've played it is like playing just for set value, and you are missing out on preflop equity that you have against these guys ranges.
Once you've played it as if for set value only, you now catch a nice flop but haven't narrowed down opponents ranges at all and made the hand difficult to play post flop, especially since the turn's such a bad card.
Not 3betting pre here is a big leak IMO.

Dastone
05-18-2007, 04:24 AM
I think this is a good spot to make it 3.75-4.00 pf, and try and win it there, or get the pot heads up.

wikemang
05-18-2007, 04:51 AM
3betting a hand like TT OOP into 3 people is not a great idea, IMO. You're setting yourself up for a series of tough decisions should a jack, queen, king, or ace show up on the flop.

Dastone
05-18-2007, 05:15 AM
And just playing for set value, and safe flops is leaving money on the table.

And it's most likely that there will not be 3 opponnents left after you reraise.

And 1010 figures to be the best hand at the moment, so raise it, and have the courage to fire out a real continuation bet on all but the very worst flops.

I don't know how many times I've had a mid-high pair, 3 bet, and got called, fired near pot even at A high and such flops, and took down nice pots right there.

When you 3-bet, people tend to give you credit for a big hand, as long as you aren't doing it too often, and when you do they usually don't continue playing unless they make a big hand or big draw. Which is often not the case.

So you can keep just calling, and check folding when the flop doesn't come 9 high or with a ten, and let villains continue c-betting, and taking your pots. Or you can 3-bet them every once in a while when a spot like this presents itself, and win more money in the long run.

2 cents.

Cliff notes: It's called squeezing.

wikemang
05-18-2007, 05:54 AM
Yes, I know what squeezing is. Yes, I reraise TT from blinds, but it is against 1 raiser. In this situation I'm taking into account that it is a multiway pot, and villain's PFR is 8%.

hummusx
05-18-2007, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I know what squeezing is. Yes, I reraise TT from blinds, but it is against 1 raiser. In this situation I'm taking into account that it is a multiway pot, and villain's PFR is 8%.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. So let's say that I had 3-bet. My sense is that people that are 30+/8 are probably not folding to the 3-bet all that often, because they are only raising hands they really like. So everyone else folds and now I'm heads up against someone that really likes their cards and the same flop hits. What's my action? Bet, right? Ok, so I make a 2/3 or 3/4 PSB and he calls.

On the turn the pot is like $20 and I have $15. Am I not in a really hard situation? I'm now playing this pot with TT for all my chips, heads up against the same guy I was up against in the real hand. Is this an improvement?

creamfillin
05-18-2007, 10:12 AM
I liked how you played this hand postflop. PF I like a 3B.

jk1986
05-18-2007, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. So let's say that I had 3-bet. My sense is that people that are 30+/8 are probably not folding to the 3-bet all that often, because they are only raising hands they really like. So everyone else folds and now I'm heads up against someone that really likes their cards and the same flop hits. What's my action? Bet, right? Ok, so I make a 2/3 or 3/4 PSB and he calls.

On the turn the pot is like $20 and I have $15. Am I not in a really hard situation? I'm now playing this pot with TT for all my chips, heads up against the same guy I was up against in the real hand. Is this an improvement?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because his raise was weakly sized and TT beats an 8% raisers range here.

Superman26gt
05-18-2007, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes because his raise was weakly sized and TT beats an 8% raisers range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It beats it by .3% and the sample size cannot justify this number correctly.

On my site, with my image, with my opponents, I 3-bet here most of the time. His situation is unique to all of ours

C4LL4W4Y
05-18-2007, 01:32 PM
It's not like OP has a catastrophic leak in failing to 3b TT into an UTG limper, a raiser of said limper and a caller.