PDA

View Full Version : Lots of questions that need answers

castigar
05-17-2007, 10:44 PM
I've started playing poker 3 weeks ago and I have many questions looking for answers. I play the lowest limits since I often find myself wondering what I should do on a particular hand and I don't want to start losing big money while I still have so much to learn. I'm wondering if one or some people would be interested in `coaching` me over MSN for a little while.

Most of the time, if I`m not at work, I'm either reading hands or playing on pstars. I really want to improve and I'm willing to put much efforts into it.

I'd like to get a hand from a more experienced player if one has some spare time. Naturally, as soon as I gain experience, I'll be glad to help the person if I can be of any help, or simply help someone else who begins at the game.

If you're interested, please add me to your MSN or reply to this post, thx

MSN: spam@elendee.com

corsakh
05-17-2007, 10:48 PM
I'd strongly suggest playing at the second lowest stake at the poke room you are playig at. Your still not going to loose much money, by the level of play will be exponentially better. Not necesarily harder, just better to learn poker because the lowest stakes are usually very similar to play money and are populated by freeroll players.

wildzer0
05-17-2007, 10:50 PM
As far as coaching, you get what you pay for and even if you do find someone to help you for free, it probably won't be worth it.

Mike Gallo
05-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Welcome aboard Castigar,

You came to the right place to get solid poker information.

I do not play online or I would offer to help.

Post hand histories and you will get responses to many of your questions.

payoff wizard
05-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Post hands here (without results) and read what you can. For starters I recommend Super System(Brunson, et al), NLHE Theory and Practice(sklansky & Miller), Little green book (Gordon), and Theory of Poker (sklansky). I also recommend trying to get a look at some cardrunners vids.