PDA

View Full Version : flopped trips, huge turn overbet !?

canavarr
05-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $3.40
UTG+1: $2
CO: $29.90
Button: $10.80
Hero: $17.65
BB: $15.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.5, 5 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.2</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.4</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.9, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $3.6</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 folds.
Uncalled bets: $3.6 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $1.9

Button is 71/15/2.6 with 70 hands. On the flop I slowplayed because of no str8 or flush draws until I saw the bets and raises which made me nervous about my kicker. So I was going for a cheap showdown until Villain's huge turn overbet. I didn't really contribute much to the pot, so I said what the heck, I'm not gonna go broke in a nothing pot. I wonder what you would've done.
I really don't know what these huge overbets mean, because seldom such hands go to showdown. Can you please comment on that too? Thanks.

wildzer0
05-17-2007, 10:35 PM
I definitely wouldn't have check/called the flop. Lead out there. As played, I could go either way on the turn. Against someone this donkish, I usually just get it in ASAP. In general overbets mean different things from different people, so it's hard to say in this particular case. I would take a note that he overbet on this board, and look for similar situations to see how he plays.

Nick C
05-17-2007, 11:10 PM
With just those stats to guide me, I don't think I could fold trips against this guy on such an otherwise nothing board.

I don't know what his bet sizes are usually like, but Villain's stats make him look like the table bully. I'd be thinking he's probably just pissed that his flop raise got called twice (although I'll admit that the fact that it was a min-raise sort of makes it look like he was hoping for calls).

Davey Valentine
05-18-2007, 04:31 AM
It's nl10 and you flopped trips with no straights or flushes there. Get it all in.

Gelford
05-18-2007, 04:37 AM
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2403/gelfaz2.jpg

Or at least go broke, sure a better 6 is int their ranges, but JT and other crap is too ... just get it in somehow ... anyhow ... lets betbetbet

wikemang
05-18-2007, 04:41 AM
Lead flop, and get your money into the middle.