PDA

View Full Version : NL50 oesd+pair in 4way pot

chris216
05-17-2007, 05:56 PM
No reads. Is this fine or can I expect to see a better hand quite often because 4 people saw the flop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($97.45)
SB ($13)
Hero ($52.50)
UTG ($56.40)
MP ($46.35)
CO ($63.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($8.25) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $23</font>, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $95.45</font>, Hero calls $27.50 (All-In).

Turn: ($154.20) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($154.20) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $154.20

MJBuddy
05-17-2007, 06:09 PM
I don't like putting all my chips in on a draw when I could be beaten by so many hands.

Judging by standards, I'd imagine you're up against 33-TT and 56s+ if he's watched too much poker on tv.

As Played:
PF: Fold
F: Why not call here? You're hugely out of position on 4 other people. While you're repping a slow play straight flop, anyone else could have that as well and you've put your entire stack on 0 reads. I think I may call the best rather than fold, but due to the pre-flop raise, you're looking at suited connectors which is 1 pair+oesd, two pair, a straight, or he could have pockets which gives him oesd with underpairs, a set, or just overpairs. Guess how many of these hands you're beating? 1. Pocket 4s. Call here, try and get your straight.

And should you call, you're probably folding this turn, though not always, because pockets just filled up and you're drawing incredibly thin; one of those "spitting in the pot will give you incorrect pot odds" systems.

Either that or he's just a donk with a garbage TPTK that you sucked out a set on.

Angrymoog
05-17-2007, 07:06 PM
The call preflop is ok, you are getting a nice price to make a big flop.

However, this flop is a prime example of the importance of reading a board texture and not overplaying a fairly vulnerable hand. If you make your straight it's only a 1 card straight, so you may even end up with a split or have your action killed. Your pair of sixes is a dog to be good by the end of the hand with so many players in(think reverse implied odds)

You need to improve to hope to win this pot, and although you probably have some decent Fold Equity, I lean toward check calling one street if the bet is reasonable, and it appears so here on the flop. This also may promote more calls behind you, which earns you more money in the long run.

chris216
05-18-2007, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, this flop is a prime example of the importance of reading a board texture and not overplaying a fairly vulnerable hand. If you make your straight it's only a 1 card straight, so you may even end up with a split or have your action killed. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I won't be paid off when I hit a straight because it's so obvious. But doesn't that mean that I should play this draw aggressively because I can't just call and stack someone when I hit? I'm never getting the right pot odds to call anyway.

Dastone
05-18-2007, 04:48 AM
I'm inclined to lead this flop for 6.00, and go from there.

Seems you've priced yourself in, and must call the push. Next time wait for a read before you consider check/raising this.

wikemang
05-18-2007, 04:54 AM
I'd fold preflop, but if you're going to call I would c/c flop and evaluate the turn. Even if I hit a 6 or make a straight, I'd still be content to c/c to the river.