PDA

View Full Version : Top 2, min rd on turn

Jay_Whufc
05-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Villain is 4.3/2.1/0.50 only over 50 hands

Am I ever ahead after he min rs the turn?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $54.60</font>
BB: $47.75
UTG: $135.75
MP: $49.95
CO: $48.50
BTN: $40.55

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, BB calls $3.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10) T/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.75</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $15.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $49.60</font>, BB calls all-in for $27.25
Uncalled bet of $6.85 returned to Hero

<font color="black">River:</font> ($95.50) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $95.50 ($3 Rake)

Nick C
05-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Wow, this guy has either been card dead over the past 50 hands or he's a serious rock. (And, of course, some combination of those two things is also possible, but his stats are still pretty striking -- especially for a 6-max table.)

And, er, hell if I know what his turn ambush min-raise means (this guy might fold KQ on the flop), but I think he likes his hand, and while I'm not convinced you're beat, I wouldn't push over the top of that min-raise (I would just call instead).

A worse two-pair seems entirely possible, though, and part of what we're hoping for is that if he has us beat on the river he'll bet smallish and let us off cheaply, which he might not do.

To summarize: It's kind of a crappy spot to be in against this guy, I think.