PDA

View Full Version : NL10 6max: trips K on 3 of a suit board

Eriol
05-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $9.90
BB: $11.35
UTG: $3.70
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $12.15</font>
BTN: $8.75

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.75) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($2.25) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.20</font>, BB calls $1.20

<font color="black">River:</font> ($4.65) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Pot Size: $4.65 ($0.45 Rake)

Do you like the river check?
I put him on a failed draw, but I think I will be called only by betters hands.

inspir3d
05-17-2007, 03:50 PM
if you think u have the best hand u should bet on the river for value. if u think he's drawing u should bet more on the turn.

villain could be calling with 99 or JJ or A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ

Nick C
05-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I would have bet more on the turn. The thing is, with the bet you made, you're pricing in flush draws (well, more or less) while also opening yourself up to a big checkraise if Villain flopped a flush and is on a slowplay. If I'm going to open myself up to that big checkraise, I'd rather not give the flush draw good odds.

On the river, it's true that Villain will now fold XdXx, but I'm thinking you have a value bet here. He might have TT or QdXx or 7x. Still, I have to admit that there doesn't really seem to be an abundance of payoff hands Villain could have, so you're probably not missing a ton of value on this river with a check.

RobBizzle
05-17-2007, 04:05 PM
I think you should bet more on the turn and then bet the river. As Nick said you still might be able to get some value out of your hand if villain has a pair.