PDA

View Full Version : NL 10 TT - just checking some standarts

Seeeno
05-17-2007, 02:44 PM
This is the rec. play isnt it ? No specific reads.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $10.35
BB: $2.35
UTG: $4.15
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $13.15</font>
CO: $1.30
BTN: $2.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.55

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.65) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $2.00</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $1.00 returned to UTG

Pot Size: $3.65 ($0.35 Rake)

Archon_Wing
05-17-2007, 02:46 PM
You are almost always never good on the flop. This is fine, although your flop bet should be a bit larger.

xd777
05-17-2007, 02:47 PM
i dont like the reraise preflop, even if its a minraise!

i would call it and try check behind on the flop and fold to a bet ...

and bet the turn if no draws arrive

monkeymaps
05-17-2007, 02:51 PM
this is good all around RR is fine pre, call is ok too but think your playing for set value only, when you get c/minraised here you never ahead IMO

Seeeno
05-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Why I am almost never good on this flop ?
- - B/C QJ JT 9J AA KK KJs are the fav. minraise hands ?
Why should I only bet a save turn and check behind the flop ?
Is check indicate weakness, mostlikly he missed the flop or is on a draw and I dont want to give freecards, ... does my logic sucks that bad /images/graemlins/laugh.gif ?

Archon_Wing
05-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Calling for set value isn't bad, but we tend to be ahead of the random crap that they minraise. They generally minraise broadways or suited cards or really anything that is good in blackjack so reraising is usuallt a good idea.

Archon_Wing
05-17-2007, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why I am almost never good on this flop ?
- - B/C QJ JT 9J AA KK KJs are the fav. minraise hands ?
Why should I only bet a save turn and check behind the flop ?
Is check indicate weakness, mostlikly he missed the flop or is on a draw and I dont want to give freecards, ... does my logic sucks that bad /images/graemlins/laugh.gif ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he obviously likes his hand. People generally aren't that creative to check/raise a draw or an underpair. Check/raising isn't a sign of weakness, especially the raising part.

Seeeno
05-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Why should my flop bet be larger ?
Okay there are several draws out there but I'm ruin their odds anyway. When I raise larger, I just ruin my own odds by taking the pot down in relation to get called / raised and give up the hand, or I'm missing something ? (again something in my brains says me that this is fuc*** up SnG thinking, and has nothing much to do in Cashgames)

Archon_Wing
05-17-2007, 03:09 PM
In tourney play, 1/2 pot usually takes down the pot as stacks are usually shallower and it's easier to become pot committed if you make or call large continuation bets. I think 1.20 will usually be good enough.

monkeymaps
05-17-2007, 03:14 PM
his minraise preflop can mean anything
I think youre bet on the flop is good should bet a little more but villians c/minraise on the flop indicates a strong hand and a fold is in order agianst alot of opponents.