PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - KQs against 3-bet

Willem
05-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Opponent is 15/11/5.

How did I play this hand? Comments on all streets please.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($122.35)
SB ($85.95)
BB ($78.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($10.25) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6.

Turn: ($22.25) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $14</font>, Hero calls $14.

River: ($50.25) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $30</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $80.25

xeanatic
05-17-2007, 01:42 PM
against a tight villian like this i fold KQ when he 3bets pf
because his range prob. is KK+ A,K

Gullanian
05-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Raise the flop and fold if he shows much strength.

renotime
05-17-2007, 02:14 PM
fold to the 3 bet preflop

flop raise and then fold if he reraises

check the turn if he calls the flop

ssdex
05-17-2007, 02:38 PM
preflop play is fine, he gave you great odds and you are playing 3 handed, you have position, put some heat on him on the flop, you guys are deep, if he calls flop bet, check turn and maybe take a c/c line on river..... but fold if heats it..........

Abramovic
05-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Why does everyone want to raise the flop?

I think preflop is marginal, but people been 3betting me with [censored] at 50NL lately, so its OK.

Flop call is correct I think.

Fold turn.

LOwrestling2001
05-17-2007, 04:16 PM
please, can people stop saying this raise and fold to a 3b??? that is paying way too much for information and if your raise only gets called you still don't know anything. preflop is a fold against that nit. the turn is also a fold, he fired a large 2nd barrel. if you called the turn you should be calling the river esp on a blank like that. so basically. fold preflop, and as played fold turn.

Nick C
05-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Tough hand. I'm not ecstatic about your implied odds on the turn, but you do have 8 reliable-looking outs (although we can't rule out AQ for Villain), and it's also entirely possible you're ahead (Villain is very aggro postflop).

So I can't criticize the turn call too much, and I'm not sure what a flop raise will or will not do for you. Playing chicken against an 15/11/5 guy does have its potential hazards. Winning immediately versus JJ is better than trying to call down and getting blasted out of the pot by Villain's persistent betting, but if you raise, Villain might continue playing back at you with a worse hand, and, jeez, your hand is very strong for a 3-handed table.

Anyway, though, if Villain has been playing this tight 3-handed (I don't know if he has been or not), it might be best just to let him have this one preflop and avoid this whole situation. You're going to flop a one-pair hand more often than you're going to flop huge.

And, in any case, if this hand had taken place during my last session and I was Hero, I would have called again on the river and would have been shown KJ /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.