PDA

View Full Version : NL50 Trips - How to get max value?

bigoliver
05-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Since another /images/graemlins/spade.gif would kill the action on the river I raised the turn. nh? Better ideas?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $26.50
BB: $71.15
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $52.95</font>
CO: $28.75
BTN: $60.35

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $19.50</font>, SB folds

Pot Size: $34.50

CobraGoat
05-17-2007, 11:42 AM
standard except im not thrilled with opening this UTG. just a stylistic thing. there was a bunch of posts arguing that opening AT UTG is not optimal. Suited A2-5 is better and AJs+was the UTG cutoff i believe.

MJBuddy
05-17-2007, 11:43 AM
I would have done the same. Never entirely sure my actions are best when I'm ahead HU and I make Villians fold, so I'm never entirely sure it's the best action, but I would indeed do the same.

bigoliver
05-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Yes. But since we are 5 handed and MP i usually open ATo from there. UTG I don't play that hand.

HBomb
05-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't see what's so bad about raising ATo UTG, if you get 3 betted or reraised substantially, it's an easy muck.

MJBuddy
05-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah I looked at the hand selection here for a second, but it's 5-handed and depending on the table it's a yes or no.

bigoliver
05-17-2007, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what's so bad about raising ATo UTG, if you get 3 betted or reraised substantially, it's an easy muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes sure. But the problem is if you get called by AJ and hit an A then the party starts ;-) But I usually play not so big pots with hands which have high reverse implied odds.

MJBuddy
05-17-2007, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By raising UTG you're representing a much stronger hand than ATo. Your only going to be reraised by much stronger hands, but better hands will simply call you down most of the time. You end up OOP with a worse hand 70% of the time. However, you get to be first to act which isn't horrible because on a missed flop, your CBet will be taken much more seriously because you've already represented a much stronger hand than you actually have. 4-handed I've made the play with Ace-Rag suited on missed flops. If you can make it HU, anything can happen :P