PDA

View Full Version : NL25 - Turned boat versus 2 opponents

burgeamon
05-17-2007, 09:05 AM
I flop top 2 vesus 2 opponents on a draw heavy board and decided to just call to see a turn and then punish people for still chasing a straight or flush if a safe card hits on the turn (unless they've flopped a straight).

I make the full house on the turn and decide to just call to try and allow them to hit their draw. Is this the right play versus two opponents or should I be raising here. And was my river bet enough?

Thanks

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $39.91
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $28.34</font>
UTG: $15.90
CO: $9.61
BTN: $24.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.75) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="red">UTG raises to $2.00</font>, SB calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($6.75) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2.00</font>, SB calls $2.00, Hero calls $2.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($12.75) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, UTG calls $8.00, SB calls $8.00

corsakh
05-17-2007, 09:10 AM
You could get so much more value out of this hand.

burgeamon
05-17-2007, 09:15 AM
I felt I underplayed my hand and I feel getting value from my bigger hands is where some weakness lies in my play, so Im trying to find out what other people would do.

Any sugestions are welcome /images/graemlins/smile.gif

corsakh
05-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Raise flop.
Bet turn.
Shove river.

rappelkastin
05-17-2007, 09:30 AM
I would raise flop to 2 usaly, and lead turn to something like 5. Shove river cause you built a big pot and a staight is gonna have a hard time folding.

Nthnuts
05-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Def raise flop, why wait till the turn when you can punish em right now?

Turn call is pretty bad, most opponents at this level are going to draw anyway so raise and get value whether they hit or not. One way or another you really should have gotten all the money in by the river.

Don't be scared to lose people at these levels,many opponents make the mistake of calling to much so in order to exploit that you need to be more aggressive with your strong hands.

burgeamon
05-17-2007, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Def raise flop, why wait till the turn when you can punish em right now?

Turn call is pretty bad, most opponents at this level are going to draw anyway so raise and get value whether they hit or not. One way or another you really should have gotten all the money in by the river.

Don't be scared to lose people at these levels,many opponents make the mistake of calling to much so in order to exploit that you need to be more aggressive with your strong hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all your input. I think one of my major flaws is that I tend to slow play a little too much, and should bet my monsters aggressivly, especially versus multiple opponents on a draw heavy board, to maximise value.

If that makes sense...? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MJBuddy
05-17-2007, 10:31 AM
As Played:

F:As said, raise flop.
R:Since you let him bet out before and he's acting aggro this hand, checking to induce the bet(you totally look like you're on a draw) isn't a bad idea. Reraise him and see if he loves his hand enough to play back or if he just calls. I doubt he's folding unless he's semi-bluffing the streets.

As played:Overbet river. 15 or so. If he was bluffing he'll fold, but if he has anything he's calling you. He may even reraise thinking you're completely fos (we all know that 4 is no help, he knows it too. You looked like you were on a draw and missed and then completely donk'ed the river).