PDA

View Full Version : Top pair, not sure what to do anywhere

Khaos4k
05-17-2007, 01:01 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($27)
Button ($8.15)
SB ($46.15)
BB ($11)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.25) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75.

He prices out the flush draw, and I don't see what calls a raise here that I beat. I call.

Turn: ($5.75) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

The flush draw hits! I decide to induce a bluff by checking, thoughts? I give infinite odds to a naked spade, but again, I don't know if any worse hands call.

River: ($5.75) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5.5</font>

Villain seems to like his hand, but AK and AQ seem unlikely due to PF. I lean towards a call for value from lower kickers, or maybe A2. AT may be a possibility as well, but I think I'm seeing monsters under the bed with that one.

Craggoo
05-17-2007, 01:28 AM
You raise for information. By only calling, you have no idea where you are in the hand. Misplayed on all streets.

Lego05
05-17-2007, 01:31 AM
I have no idea without any reads.

But it sure looks like he flopped a set, got scared of the spade, and then got happy he filled up.

I dunno though. He could be bluffing after you checked behind. But he made a big bet.

Vyse
05-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Very standard river fold, villain is almost never doing this with a worse hand. You played it fine.

Panic__NL
05-17-2007, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You raise for information. By only calling, you have no idea where you are in the hand. Misplayed on all streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

raise for information? what do you know when villian calls, what do you know when villian folds, what do you know when villian raises?

Khaos4k
05-17-2007, 10:04 AM
I called, due to it being late, and me probably not thinking properly. But his river bet just made no sense. Villain turns over 44. I laugh.

Also, I think raising for information is a terrible idea. We don't really gain a lot of information, and we start building a big pot with a one pair hand.

MJBuddy
05-17-2007, 10:23 AM
I think about 40% of the time here I'm reraising the flop to see exactly what's going on, and to remind him that you are the aggressor here. Expect a check on the turn if he calls and if the card is good lead out again. Here the card induces a check to keep a small pot though.

More interestingly: Why is this guy not giving you any credit at all? Bad table image or is he just over-aggro and unaware?

hummusx
05-17-2007, 10:44 AM
I bet this turn most of the time. If he's got a single spade, I want him to pay me for a turn bet. If you get raised you can probably let it go and not feel too terrible. Raising the flop isn't horrible I guess - a lot of aces will call you.

drj003
05-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Raise the flop. If he reraises then I wouldn't take too much heat with aj unless he is a complete assclown. I would also bet the turn

danny8
05-17-2007, 10:55 AM
i'd raise the flop - not really to find out where you are... but to charge draws and get value out of some Ax that he doesnt wanna fold. If you're 3bet then you can fold.

monkeymaps
05-17-2007, 11:46 AM
meh I prob fold this river but I like OP thinking in the hand. Call is ok IMO too though this is almost never the line villian takes with a set and there are alot of worse Aces you could be ahead of here.