PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - What do I do with 88?

hummusx
05-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Alright, this guy was 70/30 or so, although to be fair he hadn't been at the table long. The hand prior to this I stacked him with JJ. He called my 3-bet cold for $3.75 PF with Q9s, then pushed over my large flop bet with his 4-flush. Here's the next hand:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($22.15)
Hero ($54.60)
Button ($24.80)
SB ($61.90)
BB ($22.85)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($5.35) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls $3.

Turn: ($11.35) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $19.3</font>, Hero calls $14.30.

River: ($49.95) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $49.95

Is this reasonable given the history above, or did I massively overplay my hand?

Check_The_Nuts
05-16-2007, 10:19 PM
check/fold flop. If your going to bet, make it bigger. Check fold turn. Man this is really gross, due to history I would think its extremely unlikely he's bluffing because you JUST showed up with the goods and have no reason for tilting.

edit: I mean think about it, if your a terrible player, and everytime you get stacked you immediately play a hand with the guy who just stacked you, and go all in again with nothing, how quickly are you gunna be outta cash? Unless he's noticibly tilting in a lot of hands I think this is really bad. And by noticibly I mean he's going all in a lot, not just playing 70/30 and raising or floating.

hummusx
05-16-2007, 10:22 PM
I guess I had the opposite impression. He had been shoving people around and I figured him for being extra pushy on this hand. What do you put him on that I'm scared of?

Check_The_Nuts
05-16-2007, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I had the opposite impression. He had been shoving people around and I figured him for being extra pushy on this hand. What do you put him on that I'm scared of?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't try to put downies on hands, I just look at the absolute value of my hand and decide if its better than most good hands that downie goes all in with. With JJ+ and AQ/KQ I go broke here, but with your hand no I don't. He has to prove big downie to me first.

Its impossible to read a guy who plays 70/30's hands unless he's doing something blatantly obvious (had to cover my tracks here cuz I 4bet bluffed a downie on an ace high board lol).....