PDA

View Full Version : 5NL cbet gets called -- fire second barrel?

mrd99a
05-16-2007, 09:40 PM
I find that these types of hands give me trouble because I can't really ascertain whether or not to fire off that second barrel and if that gets called then is it safe to assume that I'm beat?

What's a common line here when you cbet on air and get called? Check the turn followed by check/fold river if unimproved?

Not sure.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($4.13)
MP ($9.02)
Hero ($7.65)
SB ($1.59)
BB ($5)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.05, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.20, MP folds.

Flop: ($0.57) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.45</font>, BB calls $0.45.

Turn: ($1.47) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

BevillTheDevil
05-17-2007, 02:35 AM
at 5NL i dont think i raise A3o OTB w/ a limper b/c rarely will they fold A4+, also i dont think its really that necessary to fire 2nd barrel bluffs at 5NL either
1. b/c people call w/ pretty much anything
2. you get paid off alot easyer w/ made hands so no reason to bluff or get fancy much

Id much rather 2nd barrel here with like a combo draw or a hand we have alot of outs...

corsakh
05-17-2007, 02:38 AM
Do not raise limpers with this crap.

john voight
05-17-2007, 03:24 AM
tough spot b/c you have little showdown equity.

Ideally you wanna double barrel w/ a hand that has some type of showdown equity.

That said, I'd fire again, mainly b/c ppl float a ton of hands on baybe boards, (like random over cards). When he calls, check behind on river and hope your ace is good.

This is high varience, I dont play NL5, but that is standard line I'd take @ NL30(deep). So, if nl5 is way looser, (like range is 27-AA) idk, maybe just give up.

But if you honestly believe they are floating with like QT, etc.. fire again.

you will get looked up w/ any pait though.

best to avoid this situation all together and muck it PF. You dont need to have an 18%PFR at these stakes.

RebelRebel
05-17-2007, 04:22 AM
Fold pf.. Don't get tricky at the penny tables.. Don't "Vary your play" or "Advertise" or anything else. No one is watching you, they're watching the WPT or the WSOP and.. well, insert your own idea of what they're doing. My idea of what they're doing involves hand creme and a tissue. But in any event, just play the most straight laced, ABC Poker you can until you can get your roll to wherever you want it to be to move up to a level where those tactics become more important. As Mike Caro said: "These people want to call you... LET THEM!"

JJ

carnivalhobo
05-17-2007, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Ideally you wanna double barrel w/ a hand that has some type of showdown equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really if you mean showdown value... equity is a good thing to have, but you dont need showdown value to double barrel, in fact having showdown value but not a strong hand would be a good reason to check.

br.bm
05-17-2007, 05:36 AM
What's a common line here when you cbet on air and get called? Check the turn followed by check/fold river if unimproved?

yes

South Pole
05-17-2007, 06:50 AM
You're getting called by the BB so he could easily have paired the flop (all low cards) and he's checked because he has a weak hand and is scared (of overpairs and better kickers than his or maybe he has bottom or middle pair). The other possibility is he has a straight draw of some kind.

The only way to push him out is to bet the flop big. You have to overbet the flop if you want to make him fold although I personally think this particular board is too drawish to attempt this (he could already have the straight).

I'd just check behind on the flop.