PDA

View Full Version : QQ in BB facing raise and large 3-bet from CO

Bork
05-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Read on guy is that he is 20/18, over 50 hands, and also seems to be a table coach.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($34.40)
Button ($24.15)
SB ($30.30)
Hero ($31.35)
UTG ($25.20)
MP ($15.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $3.75, UTG folds.

Flop: ($8.85) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $18</font>, Hero calls $15.

Turn: ($44.85) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $10</font>, Hero calls $9.35 (All-In).

River: ($64.20) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $64.20

Should I fold this preflop, four bet??

Also thoughts appreciated on my line. Thanks.

MJBuddy
05-16-2007, 04:24 PM
I would play for set value pre-flop. That said, after the initial reraise, I would push. Have fun cracking either two pair, aces, kings, or 10s.

Paul Thomson
05-16-2007, 04:28 PM
hmmm. i think it's fine to call and felt any flop without an ace or king.

I'm not a fan of your flop lead. just check-call and get it in on the river somehow.

CazicT
05-16-2007, 04:45 PM
4 dollars is ridiculous, did he have some kind of weird read on UTG that justified this?

I think calling purely for set value is faulty here because his bet is so high, you aren't getting the proper implied odds.

It's not certain he has an overpair though, so I can see calling for a flop and trying to find out where you are at from there, but being very careful. If his overbet PF was because he was weak, he probably won't continue the charade after the flop. If it was because of strength, then of course he will continue to push.

Of course this all goes out the window when you actually do flop a set. From here, you should bet more on the flop generally to build the pot, but it doesn't matter much since the PF raise was so big you were destined to get all-in if he had a decent hand anyway.

Paul Thomson
05-16-2007, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4 dollars is ridiculous, did he have some kind of weird read on UTG that justified this?

I think calling purely for set value is faulty here because his bet is so high, you aren't getting the proper implied odds.

It's not certain he has an overpair though, so I can see calling for a flop and trying to find out where you are at from there, but being very careful. If his overbet PF was because he was weak, he probably won't continue the charade after the flop. If it was because of strength, then of course he will continue to push.

Of course this all goes out the window when you actually do flop a set. From here, you should bet more on the flop generally to build the pot, but it doesn't matter much since the PF raise was so big you were destined to get all-in if he had a decent hand anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

u don't need to build a big pot in a reraised preflop pot.

Bork
05-16-2007, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. He had KK and wrote a paragraph telling me how horrible of a call I made preflop. I just said, 'well I'm bad', and he concurred and left the table.