PDA

View Full Version : Vice President Greg Raymer?

gutter
05-15-2007, 02:45 PM
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news/article/8867

Greg Raymer may run for president?

Sniper
05-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Did you read the article?

gutter
05-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Apparently not well.

ICallHimGamblor
05-15-2007, 03:07 PM
two things that made me laugh:
Having Mike Matusow there while the cameras were rolling while talking about the Presidency of the US. Great idea.
And "Raymer does have the background for politics. Before he became WSOP Champ, he worked as a patent attorney." Wha?

Sniper
05-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Just another quality CardPlayer article... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

popesc
05-15-2007, 03:53 PM
I would love to see Mr. Raymer on the ballot. I think enough people know his name from his WSOP win that it would get poker players to the polls, and could help any local referendums on poker.

I might vote for him if he ran for the House. And I live in Raleigh, NC, so that might matter.

MiltonFriedman
05-15-2007, 04:46 PM
I would vote for Greg, but the article is ridiculous and typical of the garbage Card Player publishes:

"Raymer has the background for politics ... he worked as a patent attorney."

NickMPK
05-16-2007, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would vote for Greg, but the article is ridiculous and typical of the garbage Card Player publishes:

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you getting at? Being an attorney is a very reasonable background for getting into politics. It's obviously not a good background for going straight to national office, but Raymer is way more qualified than some of the loons the Libertarians have nominated for VP in the past.

Wynton
05-16-2007, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you getting at? Being an attorney is a very reasonable background for getting into politics. It's obviously not a good background for going straight to national office, but Raymer is way more qualified than some of the loons the Libertarians have nominated for VP in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Milton is right: The idea that patent law experience constitutes a background in politics is laughable: just ask my patent attorney wife.

NickMPK
05-16-2007, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Milton is right: The idea that patent law experience constitutes a background in politics is laughable: just ask my patent attorney wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a background in politics, a background for politics. Which basically means a professional environment where you get to network with potential wealthy donors and/or public officials. I work for my state legislature, and law is by far the most common profession of the elected members. Although I'm sure patent law is not one of the best specialties for this.

Wynton
05-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Patent law is not a background in politics, for politics or anything even remotely related to politics. In fact, patent law might be a field of law that I would single out as especially far-removed from politics.

Just because one is a lawyer - any kind of lawyer -does not mean you have any experience in networking with donors or public officials. At this point, Raymer may actually have that kind of experience, but it's not from his days as a patent attorney.

nineinchal
05-16-2007, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Greg Raymer may run for president?

[/ QUOTE ]

She warned me poker would fry my brain..................