PDA

View Full Version : Religious based moive documentaries: Suggestions? (ie jesus camp)

teh_mewse
05-09-2007, 07:04 AM
I've been watching a lot of dawkins and sam harris on youtube lately and i decided to watch jesus camp. Mind blowing. One of the craziest things about that movie is, the Lead Female pastor (beth, bev?) is actually using that to PROMOTE evangelicalism. Anyways, i'm obviously an atheist (aka rational) but i'm absolutely fascinated by both points of view. I'm not fascinated from the religious point of view because of it's thought provoking ideology, but instead because of how outrageously incompatible any form of argument can come from religious dogma.

So i guess i'll just get right down to it, can anyone suggest any documentaries to me that are worth watching?

So far i've seen Jesus camp and Dawkins BBC documentary "The Root of All Evil", and i've downloaded but yet to watch Deliver Us from Evil.

Any other suggestions?

Schweitzer
05-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Not sure if it what you are looking for but I found
"The Most Hated Family in America" on the Phelp's family a pretty good documentary. It should be in 7 parts on YouTube.