PDA

View Full Version : When to slow down with 2nd best flushes...

NA_kicker
01-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Taj 10/20
Same villian in each hand, it is my first time playing with him, but he appears to be a little too aggro and has raised for a free card in position, I am about 3 hours into my session with him.

Hand 1:

I'm dealt black kings UTG and open raise, Mp2 calls 2 cold, villian on the button 3 bets, blinds fold, I cap, mp2 calls 2 cold again, villain calls.

3 way flop (6s 10s 2s)

I bet, mp2 raises, villain 3 bets, I cap, the rest call

Turn (Js)
I bet, mp2 raises, villain 3 bets, I...

Comments on all streets please.

Hand 2, same villain.

I am dealt Ah5h on the button with one limper in mp2, I raise (feeling a little spicy), sb calls, villain in the bb calls, mp2 calls.

Flop (Qh Jh 9h)

Sb checks, villain bets, mp2 folds, I raise, sb calls, villain calls.

Turn (8h)

Sb bets, bb raises, I 3 bet, sb calls, villain caps, sb calls, I call.

River (4s)
Sb bets, bb raises, I...

Comments on all streets.

Alexthegreat
01-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Hand 1

I think you are pretty done for here, unless he has AQ/QQ with spade. Villian surely has an A and given that there is a 4 flush on board it's probably the A of suit. I'd call down and hate it.

Hand 2

This depends on what he had in hand 1. After he caps against 2 players, I probably just call down, but once again, if he had less than the nuts in hand 1 I would 3 bet the river.

naMruM
01-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Hand 1, peel down with probably 2nd best hand in a huge pot.

Hand 2, alex is bang on. Was he out of line in the previous hand or was it a suited ace? If he's calling any two suited, you _might_ be facing the straight flush. However, thats a huge pot and I hate the idea of assuming one of them has it. You're not getting rid of the nuts with a raise, but you might get the overcall from a worse hand by SB here. I don't really love the raise myself, so I call...