PDA

View Full Version : Flush and OESD on the turn 50NL

MudRudHan
05-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Villain is 37/6/144. He's been doing some pretty strange things like bluffing $20 into a $1.5 pot, and is quite passive post flop. Do I put in a small-ish raise here or push ? Anybody like leading the turn for half / three-quarters of the pot ?

I realise I probably should have raised this preflop but I'd been raising a lot of hands in this session and people had started coming over the top quite a bit and I wanted to see a flop against mainly bad players.

NL Hold'em $0.25/$0.5 ( 6 handed )

CO( $46.15 )
Button( $21.6 )
SB( $44.95 )
BB( $69.09 )
UTG( $65.6 )
Hero( $100 )

Preflop: Hero is UTG + 1 with 10/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds , Hero calls $0.5, CO folds , Button calls $0.5, SB calls $0.25, BB checks .

Flop: ( $2 )9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif( 4 players )
SB checks , BB checks , Hero bets $1.5, Button raises to $3, SB folds , BB folds , Hero calls $1.5.

Turn: ( $8 )8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif( 2 players )
Hero checks , Button bets $4.5, Hero ??.

Peter Harris
05-07-2007, 02:49 PM
no excuses, raise pf. if you get reraised big you should be folding comfortably anyway, if reraised small you have a good hand to flop and stack.

My first instinct is to lead the turn, but villain is calling at least anyway - the advantage to betting and being called is that with your bajillion outs you will be called on the river.

I think if you just c/c there is a 17 pot and villain has 13 back. If you spike a spade, 7, Q (do we include J/T as an out??), will villain stack off? If so, there's no risk in just c/c. If villain can find a fold on either a) the turn or b) the river, then we need to decide whether betting the turn or c/r turn induces a fold.

I think as a default i lead and call a raise/push; against a player who folds to turn c/rs i do that (although villain is pretty committed when you c/r). Against someone who will stack off when any spade/straight card comes, i'll just call and bet the river.

mrw8419
05-08-2007, 09:48 AM
I don't think he's ever folding, but will likely pay us off so I c/c.