PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: TPTK took a tricky line, help

Supwithbates
05-07-2007, 01:20 PM
A huge problem/leak of mine is operating in 3-bet pots when an ace hits. Most villains at this level automatically put you on QQ/KK if an ace flops and try to rep AK to push you off the hand. I hate this hand, and think I'm going back to just betting when the ace hits regardless, and shoving if I get raised.

No reads on villain, but he seems like one of those annoying floaty/donkish players from teh few hands I've seen.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $11.90<font color="black">Hero (BB): $110.90</font>
UTG: $25
MP: $16.85
CO: $62.10
BTN: $22.05

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, MP calls $2

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.10) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($12.10) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $4</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, MP calls all-in for $6.85
Uncalled bet of $1.15 returned to Hero

<font color="black">River:</font> ($33.80) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $33.80 ($1.65 Rake)

I check flop because this session I was giving a try to checking sometimes here with QQ/KK/JJ/TT etc. Furthermore, besides floats, I doubt I'm getting action here from anything but AJ+ QQ/AA, a range I'm not really ahead of.

So I check planning to check/raise allin, but the donkey puts out some stupid tiny bet, instead I decide to rep a scared KK or something and just call. Turn is a check if I'm going to rep this line, to induce the bluff. Obv. C/R allin after he bets.

I don't think doing anything but committing here against a shortstack is correct.

Supwithbates
05-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Any thoughts?

Vern
05-07-2007, 09:49 PM
If your goal was to get his stack in the middle and not scare him away, fine. But if you wanted to have a chance to fold him out with a C/R, you had to pick the flop because he was pot committed after his turn bet.

Entropy4
05-07-2007, 10:13 PM
I think you have to bet flop here, there's nothing wrong with taking it down on the flop. You're right to be worried about the range of hands that call you, but when you check/call you learn nothing about your opponent's range. When you c/r all-in on turn, you STILL know nothing about your opponent's range.

C4LL4W4Y
05-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Bet that flop, a lot of hands are coming along for the ride.