PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: flopped topset, river scarecard

Supwithbates
05-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $27.50
BB: $32
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $26.65</font>
CO: $26.05
BTN: $16.25

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Villain is a huge donkey. He\'s running around 70/12/3, and loooves to limp. He gets frustrated because I\'m to his left and exploiting his loose limping by raising over it a lot and betting him off hands. A/images/graemlins/spade.gif a result, he\'s trying to play back at me light/with air, seems quite frustrated and capable of making a big bluff.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.10) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.75</font>, BB calls $1.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($5.60) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, BB calls $4.50

<font color="black">River:</font> ($14.60) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Pot Size: $14.60 ($0.70 Rake)

Checking river seems weak, OOP I'd definitely bet/fold, but in position I feel that the chances of him shoving over my raise are pretty good even without the flush. I don't know what % he has the flush here, he's pretty much a donkey so handreading can be difficult. Checking behind here b/c we don't want to get bluffraised off the best hand is bad/good?

Basically, against this villain, I don't think that betting and folding to the shove is really an option, so is checking behind acceptable instead?

robinmbuk
05-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I may well check the river here, as the player you described seems liable to c/r all in with any two on the river. All i'd suggest against a loose donk like this is to make whole psbs on the flop and turn. It may only make you and extra $2 on this hand, but it all adds up.

xeanatic
05-07-2007, 01:12 PM
bet pot on flop and turn check behind is good on the river since the flush got there especially against this player

Supwithbates
05-07-2007, 01:25 PM
betting more on the flop isn't an option, I suppose I could've gotten away with 5 on the turn, but it's .50 and I'd bet 4.5 with TT+ anyways. Metagame, and yes, people do pay attention.

I'm more concerned with the overall expectation of bet/call vs. check behind... how often would you expect a villain like this to be check trapping with the flush here? How often is he going to shove a hand like 56 or anything else that I beat? How often am I losing value from hands like a pair of 9s, Qs, or TT+?

Unknown Soldier
05-07-2007, 01:29 PM
ez bet/call on river